Thumbs up Newbie question - software for affiliates
    I have 4 niche mom and pop websites selling a unique type of item. All of them offer an affiliate program. I would like to integrate all their products on my website and sell them side by side. Is that possible? Is there a software that will allow me to do this and put the products in alphabetical/category order?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hi puritymadesimple, and welcome to ABW.

Your question is confusing. When you say you "have 4 niche mom and pop websites selling a unique type of item. All of them offer an affiliate program" are you referring to merchant sites whose products you want to promote on your one site ("I would like to integrate all their products on my website")?

If that is correct, are these merchants on one or more affiliate networks and if so, which ones? Some networks have the tools that you are looking for.

How many products are you talking about and do these merchants have their products available on 3d party integration tools like Popshops or Golden Can (or Sellfire, but with their current problems I will not recommend using them any longer)? Do they offer datafeeds?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Hi puritymadesimple, and welcome to ABW.

Your question is confusing. When you say you "have 4 niche mom and pop websites selling a unique type of item. All of them offer an affiliate program" are you referring to merchant sites whose products you want to promote on your one site ("I would like to integrate all their products on my website")?

If that is correct, are these merchants on one or more affiliate networks and if so, which ones? Some networks have the tools that you are looking for.

How many products are you talking about and do these merchants have their products available on 3d party integration tools like Popshops or Golden Can (or Sellfire, but with their current problems I will not recommend using them any longer)? Do they offer datafeeds?
    Thank you for your welcome and I'm sorry for not explaining better. So for example, there are 4 websites that sell vintage magazine issues. They offer an affiliate program where they give you a unique code to promote their products (either through a link or banner). I would like to integrate all 4 website's inventory onto my site so that customers can comparison shop all 4 website's inventory to see who has what in stock. There would be about 1300 different items to showcase. The websites do not belong to any kind of affiliate network and do not offer datafeeds. Is it possible to do this?

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    If I understand you, the easy answer to your question is No. If they don't have a datafeed then there won't be pre-written software.

Can what you say be done though? That answer is maybe. If the software that the the merchants are using allows for deeplinking then a professional coder can write a custom program and get the info off the sites and in effect make a datafeed that can be integrated into your site.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The key to what you want to do and to what Oranges wrote, is whether or not the merchants' systems do allow for deep linking to each individual product. From what you wrote - "they give you a unique code to promote their products (either through a link or banner)" it sounds like they do not. Do they have a way to link to each specific product (pre-built product links or a link generator) or just to the site, usually just the home page, or to product categories? Also, sometimes the system will allow you to modify one of their general site links to re-direct to whatever internal page you wish.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread