Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Thumbs down Target Does it Again
    Once again, Target is changing networks, creating immense work and aggravation for their affiliates.

They sent out an email today saying their eBay Network program is closing Oct. 1. There was a non-working link to an affiliate page that if you look at you can find, in the small print, that they are moving to Impact Radius.

For years now Target has done everything possible to induce strokes and heart attacks in their affiliates.

A few days ago, their Popshops feed went from several hundred thousand products to just over one thousand, creating more dead links than I can count to over the rest of the decade. I should have known something was up, again.

I did look at the terms of their new program, and at least they did not once again lower commission rates in the move.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I doubt if I'll bother with them anymore...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Makes me wonder if they ran IR as a secondary tracking system and found it a better mouse trap. We ran it in addition to CJ and AV then replaced it with AvantMetrics as well as coupon code tracking via the cart database. When we did run it we found untracked sales that would not have been credited to the affiliate program or affiliates.

Musical chairs...
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Makes me wonder if they ran IR as a secondary tracking system and found it a better mouse trap. We ran it in addition to CJ and AV then replaced it with AvantMetrics as well as coupon code tracking via the cart database. When we did run it we found untracked sales that would not have been credited to the affiliate program or affiliates.
    Pepperjam has very bad tracking and they refuse to admit it or even investigate it. I'll follow Target to Impact Radius simply because I know there will be more sales due to improved tracking.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Target plus two other merchants with whom I did well over several years on other networks all moved to eBay fka PJ in the past years and [REPORTED] sales have been significantly lower.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

7. Thanks From:

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread