Head of Content
    Blogger Affiliate Earnings in UK Under Minimum Wage.
    Morning all.

Thought this might be an interesting piece for you guys over the pond. A recent study on affiliate bloggers in the UK has found that they only earn on average $1,500 a year from their affiliate activity.

Average Blogger

Blogging in the UK is nowhere near as lucrative as it is for US counterparts - but the article does beg the question whether US bloggers earn twice, three times, four times more than the average UK affiliate blogger.

Anyone care to share!!?

I wonder where the notion of "lucrative for US counterparts" comes from. The "average blogger" or "average affiliate" in the U.S. probably makes less than $1,500 per year. Just pulling a number out of my arse here, but I would venture to guess that less than 5% reach the threshold to receive a check each month, and less than 1% actually make a living in affiliate marketing/blogging.

The odds are better for webmasters who wish to make a living as an affiliate marketer than they are for musicians who wish to become pop stars.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Head of Content
    Interesting to hear your thoughts on it - there's definitely a perception from the UK that US bloggers are far more successful than those in the UK.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The perception that US bloggers are successful is just that a perception. The vast majority are writers who enjoy blogging and are lousy marketers. Yes there are those with huge readership who make money selling advertising but they are a low number just as davidh stated. Most bloggers use AdSense and make maybe $100 a month. Most mommy bloggers are more interested in free products that they happily review.

Bloggers who become affiliates are the smart ones but its an additional skill and you have to have the correct mindset. Most bloggers don't have that mindset. Some here have been successful in training bloggers to become affiliates and that greatly benefits their affiliate programs. I am actually submitting a panel on this subject to ASW15.

5. Thanks From:

I manage an in-house associates program in the UK and our products are only relevant to UK business, we work with a collection of UK bloggers, (we do have US based associates too), but a good few earn about $500-$1000 a month,

I read in a recent report that the UK is growing with affiliate marketing 'awareness' but it’s still a far way off,

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    UK and EU affiliate marketing is mature and have been in existence for a long time. They are much stronger with anti fraud policies than the US.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread