Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Terminology
    I need to join now that Target is moving to IR, but it took me awhile to figure out that you guys call affiliates "Media Partners".
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Sorry for the confusion. We use the term media partner because we are trying to broaden the universe of potential partner types beyond what some advertisers consider as affiliates.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. We use the term media partner because we are trying to broaden the universe of potential partner types beyond what some advertisers consider as affiliates.
    I understand that you are trying to present yourself as a media marketplace like Doubleclick, but what decision maker are you trying to appeal to? Your terminology seems to alienate Affiliate Managers and Affiliates.

I'm a fan of your datafeeds and tracking, but I think your UI and terminology are pretty bad. Honestly, I stay out of your UI as much as possible because I don't find it comfortable or intuitive.

So I applied for the Target program and I get an e-mail titled "Insertion Order Application". Honestly man, you are reaching.... Just call it like it is, "Affiliate Program Application". We would all be a lot happier.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    So I applied for the Target program and I get an e-mail titled "Insertion Order Application". Honestly man, you are reaching.... Just call it like it is, "Affiliate Program Application". We would all be a lot happier.
    I would need to apply to Impact Radius sometime soon. Heard good things about it. In fact I had tried applying before, but the terminology even during the application process confused me, so I pushed it off till I was sober :-)

"Insertion Order Application" - I almost fell off my chair laughing. Who is inserting what, why and where.

6. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park View Post
    "Insertion Order Application" - I almost fell off my chair laughing. Who is inserting what, why and where.
    It is "media buy" terminology and it predates the Internet. Its something a VP of marketing or sales at a fortune 500 would be familiar with.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...nsertion+order
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

All media is bought via an insertion order - even online media. We use insertion orders because it is not just a program application - you are applying to the terms of the partnership that detail what, how, when you get paid. Hence the term insertion order.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford View Post
    All media is bought via an insertion order - even online media. We use insertion orders because it is not just a program application - you are applying to the terms of the partnership that detail what, how, when you get paid. Hence the term insertion order.
    A media buy implies a contract between an advertiser and a publisher where exposure is guaranteed.

I can join the Target program and never do anything with them.

Once again, I understand why you did it, I'm just telling you it was a mistake. You confuse people and give false impressions. (ha ha, good pun)

I've jumped through the Target hoops so far to follow them over to IR but I'm seeing Sale: 0% under campaigns after agreeing to the "insertion order."

I'm looking for some watered down instructions to try and understand IR. So far it looks like I won't be earning anything even if I have sales for Target.

IR is just NOTHING like any of the other networks and I'm not sure it's worth the time.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Target commissions appear to be entirely item based with items that are not categorized getting zero percent commissions?

So IR is worth the effort because their tracking is quite good. I'm sure Todd is paying attention to people's comments and starting to understand why their terminology is an impediment to growth.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread