Millionaire Network: Any bad experience?
    I'm surprised no one here is talking about Millionaire Network's apparent implosion.

More here: Millionaire Network Closing Doors, Screwing Everyone

Was anyone here impacted by this?

What other high-profile networks went out of business recently, screwing over publishers and advertisers?

More importantly, who vouched for them?

ABW Ambassador
    Never heard of them. They were out to make millionaires. Whew, did I miss the next big thing again.
    Were they a CPA network. CPA networks don't get much attention here.

That is not a high-profile network. No one here cares.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Never heard of them either. Their name sounds like they were trying to get n00bs anyways. The name sounds like one of those old infomercials that where on TV long ago to get rich at home while doing little work.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    From the article:

Millionaire Network, the company that promoted itself as being owned by millionaires and making millionaires has decided to shut down without notice, leaving publishers in the cold with no way of knowing if they are going to ever be paid. Another network that many “experts” and “journalists” were paid to promote turns out to be nothing but perhaps a façade held together by flashy lights, a huge-ass booth and photogenic owners.
    Gee, what POSSIBLY could have gone wrong? Or, did anything go wrong? My guess is that their business plan worked just as they anticipated, and a guy or two made off with the $$$$.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

6. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Marshall, CPA networks and CPS networks don't mix very well although many newbies don't know the difference. Clickbooth just sent out an email looking to gain affiliates who got screwed by Millionaire Network.

When I took over the affiliate program for the largest genealogy program many years ago someone had allowed CPA networks into the program. I had to dismantle that and had on guy who was out $10k. He had to pay his affiliates (publisher) and was left holding the bag. Oh well!

Hmmm. The only "CPS" I'm familiar with is Child Protective Services.

I knew these little sub affiliate networks aren't on par with Dhareasale, CJ, etc, but I didn't know they were a whole different ball game.

From an advertiser's perspective, how do I know who is shady and who isn't?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I saw their booth a few times at Summit, but the name alone was enough to be a red flag to me.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

10. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall360training View Post
    From an advertiser's perspective, how do I know who is shady and who isn't?
    Anyone who talks only in millions has to be shady.

12. Thanks From:

Cost per Sale but your analogy was much better. If the number of tables and booth at Affiliate Summit were an indication one would think that CPA networks rule the heavens. There's a yearly survey and they list some 200 but you will see a fair chunk of those go away in a few years. They are all sub affiliate networks where you don't necessarily have contact with affiliates or even how they are marketing.

High profile? You're kidding, right?

As Jeannine said, the name alone is a red flag. There is a LOT of churn among those types of networks.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Tax Paying Member
    My Goodness..........

Did I miss the boat again?............
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    My Goodness..........

Did I miss the boat again?............
    Dang, Witzer, I s'pose you and I ain't gonna become no millionaires with that network.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Dang, Witzer, I s'pose you and I ain't gonna become no millionaires with that network.
    You can here though: Buy My Stupid Ebook, Overly SEO d Title, Keywords Crammed like Make Money Online Make Money Online Make Money Online

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

18. Thanks From:

So ... I'm running CPA campaigns... the "action" in "cost-per-action" is a conversion/sale. My campaings aren't for sign-ups or for "leads" ... they're for the SALE. The e-commerce purchase ... So, in that context, what's the difference between the CPA networks who enroll publishers into my program for a percentage of every sale and the CPS networks who enroll publishers into my program for a percentage of every sale?

Why, I'm PRACTICALLY a millionaire just putting up affiliate links to BurgerBoy's fine book. Really. (No NOT really. )

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

21. Thanks From:

I'm answering my own questions via helpful places online. In case anyone else is reading this and looking for answers ....

The bottom line remains: CPA promotes paid traffic while CPS focuses on search traffic that requires an actual sale to drive the payoff, commission or fee to the Internet service. Adds Greg Hoffman, “No one side is better than the other.” He encourages marketers to stop engaging in gross generalizations about the merits and downsides of both so they can take advantage of each model’s features, benefits and the hybrids emerging from the fray.
    Source: What's the Difference Between a CPA & a CPS? | Chron.com

There's a reason why CPA networks want to be paid in a week and require 48 hour notice to pull campaigns. You don't know who you are working with in many cases.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread