Specific URL's of highly profitable sites?
    Without breaking any rules, is it possible for someone to list very specific sites that display a lot of the very good advice about content I have read here on this forum? Ones that are known to be highly successful for the affiliates that run them?

Let's say for example, an example or two of highly successful:

1. Datafeed sites
    2. High content sites
    3. Low content sites
    4. Newsfeed based sites

I have recieved some very helpful fantastic advice here, but for the most part it speaks of theory in general. Can anyone point out a site and say, "THIS is a financial home run right here!"?

Yes, I know I could swim forever in the google sea of "Top Tens" and "The Best Of", but how do I know what is real, and, more importantly, how MUCH profit windfall was recieved on said sites?

If I dare ask beyond these questions, could I ask more specifics, like how long it took to get to the current level of success?

This might be a tough one to answer...thanks in advance for those who do.

While I am at it, let me add...

5. Lead generation sites

While am still at it, let me ask this...

How many different categories of affiliate sites (like the five mentioned above) are there?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Affiliates, as a general principal, will not link their sites, and in most cases to do so would be a rules violation. Some affiliates do have links in their signatures, but there is no guarantee that any such sites would fit any of the criteria you list.

RE your question on categories - based on the "categories" you have listed, I would think the total you could add would pretty much be unlimited. If you established some reasonable criteria for categorizing sites, you might be able to put together a workable list of categories, but I do not see any value in that which could justify the time and effort. Part of this is that the few that you list are not mutually exclusive, i.e. datafeed, newsfeed, lead generation can all be low content or high content, or anything in between, and low content or high content or anything in between can be datefeed, newsfeed or lead generation, etc., etc. etc.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

4. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Posting another member's site, without that site's permission, is a big no-no.

Most affiliates are already aware of who their competitors are based on years of experience and being an active member here on ABW.

But am curious as what you consider, highly successful...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

6. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Posting another member's site, without that site's permission, is a big no-no.

Most affiliates are already aware of who their competitors are based on years of experience and being an active member here on ABW.

But am curious as what you consider, highly successful...
    I wasn't expecting anyone to list their specific sites as an answer to the original questions, I was just hoping that, with the astronomical amount of experience that is available to tap into here, that someone could at least point to a specific site and say, "THIS is a successful site!"

...And by successful, I mean a site that is highly profitable for the affiliate, and one that is also a pleasure to look at and navigate in (or maybe just purely functional in appearance, but still very lucrative because the site itself has a highly magnetic property of drawing in potential buyers and converts very well)....maybe you could say a site that, by itself, generates enough revenue to allow the affiliate to quit the day job and concentrate solely on pouring creative love into his/her online empire full time.

I was not really expecting to get a flat-out specific answer to my question, but I felt I had to at least try and ask, for I know of no other affiliate forum with as much golden experience, and the generosity in sharing that experience with newbies (shout out to Chuck Hamrick, Rhia7 and many, many others!).

Because of this fact, I want to sincerely thank anyone who has and will respond to this thread.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    d-d-d-d-...duhh.....

(Daffy Duck face) ... one b-b-b-b-BILLION DOLLARS???????????

OH, MY GOD!!!! I would buy a third world nation and turn it into an oil-producing conglomerate, after naming it after myself, of course........

I am so punch drunk right now.......................

AHEM...Yes, that qualifies nicely, thank you.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread