Exclamation High affiliates signup with low traffic!
    Hello,

I have read many articles on affiliate management and how to attract affiliates. I tried many things, but "all" I am getting is only new affiliates!

The traffic they are sending is very low compared to the new affiliate signups. What am I missing here?

I have created our program on ShareASale. Uploaded banners, deals and data feeds. I am communicating with them regularly to update them. But still low traffic, although most of those affiliates are with Full profiles, which means they already earned commissions on ShareASale.

Any suggestions?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    You're in a tough niche - numbers game...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Thanks But I appreciate more explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by arminds View Post
    Thanks But I appreciate more explanation.
    K, without being crass - Hosting programs are a dime a dozen.

What are you doing to stand out?

Great question.

I provide friendly and personalized service. More features for lower price than any other competitor. "If you can call them competitors"

I see that hosting customers need more resources for less, that's what I try to provide here.

But, customers prefer number as you said. If a site shows -we host 10 million domains- "even if the number is not accurate" they trust it. If a company has lots of reviews "even if some are fake" they order from it.

I only rely on ethics, can we stand out while keeping ethics ?

Please give me hope.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Review the affiliate sites, denote those in your niche with good traffic, reach out to them with a private offer, bonus, higher commission, optimization advise.

It can take 3-6 months to get a program making great sales. You need to come up with something unique to your program that trumps the competition. Look at the links at the bottom of this page and review the hosting companies listed then review their affiliate program pitch pages.

I managed a hosting program for a first in registrar. They were not known for hosting and it was shared hosting. When I got through to top hosting affiliates they said my offers were not interesting. We came up with life time value model to pay $125/$250/$325 for our three levels of hosting. The first was a $5.99/month subscription!

7. Thanks From:

Thanks a lot for your reply Chuck. It was very helpful.

But don't you think that $125 commission for $5.99 is very high? Did you get any results from that model?

You need to get your name out there - without affiliates.

Affiliates and their visitors like familiarity. Both need to feel they recognize the provider, instills confidence.

Are you doing PPC? If an affiliate who markets hosting providers searches/researches online, will they see you?

But, customers prefer number as you said.
    Sorry, not what I meant. What I meant was having a hosting affiliate program is a number games. Especially when you're a brand no one recognizes.

Hosting affiliates WILL research you - everywhere: Search engines, other hosting venues, other web hosting affiliates.

Numbers game...

11. Thanks From:

I see.

We were using PPC but the ROI was awfully low. Now we are focusing on content marketing, like writing valuable blog articles and so on.

Regarding showing up in search engines, we show up on 3rd or 4th page with some relevant keywords. We target bloggers to provide them VPS hosting, that's what I mean by relevant.

But if someone searches our company name, we will simply show on the top of search results.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Sorry, not what I meant. What I meant was having a hosting affiliate program is a number games. Especially when you're a brand no one recognizes.

Hosting affiliates WILL research you - everywhere: Search engines, other hosting venues, other web hosting affiliates.

Numbers game...
    Excuse my ignorance, by number game you mean higher commission than other programs?

Nope.

I mean you are going to have to have a lot affiliates to see success in the beginning...

Take my company, for example:

Have never heard of you until now. Spent some time searching for hosting providers (not using your name, have never heard of you). You have an affiliate program with no track record (yet). I know exactaly how many customers you have on your nameservers. I know who those customers are. I know who YOUR providers are. I know where the servers are located and where you are located.

Knowing this, we would add you to our own PPC network as a '3rd tier' choice. Meaning we wouldn't really push you but you would be in rotation with other hosting providers we group you with. This means you would be seen about once every 100 hosting providers we market. Click through would be under 2%. Conversions? Who knows?

When we review a merchant's performance, both our stats and network stats, we adjust that merchant to show higher or possibly, lower in our system.

Of course, your terms would require 'direct to merchant' linking for greatest exposure. Otherwise, you would could only be seen on our own web properties.

Numbers game...

16. Thanks From:

I understand.

But sometimes I wonder "honestly" if affiliates need only very popular companies to promote, why popular company will benefit from affiliates if they are already popular?

And how would small companies become popular through affiliate marketing if they are not very attractive for good affiliates?

It is similar to a known example, when somebody asks: What did god create first "the chicken" or the "the egg"? - an Arabian quote

Anyways, thank you all for the great value you added to my knowledge.

I understand.

But sometimes I wonder "honestly" if affiliates need only very popular companies to promote, why popular company will benefit from affiliates if they are already popular?

And how would small companies become popular through affiliate marketing if they are not very attractive for good affiliates?

It is similar to a known example, when somebody asks: What did god create first "the chicken" or the "the egg"? - an Arabian quote
    We're affiliates - we like to make money...

20. Thanks From:

That's logic.

But, popular companies and small companies both pay money. While popular don't really need affiliates efforts, small companies does.

But, popular companies and small companies both pay money. While popular don't really need affiliates efforts, small companies does.
    Brand recognition is a no-brainer - it pays affiliates more.

Increase your brand's awareness and conversions WITHOUT affiliates - making your brand more attractive to affiliates.

As I've already said - web hosting programs are a dime a dozen...

23. Thanks From:

Thanks a lot for your time and the great help. I will surely consider that.

Yep, you're welcome.

We're always looking for the next great merchant to promote - make us clamor to be on board...

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread