My blog has 6 views, when do I start making money?!
    Just kidding. My blog actually did receive 6 views today (it's first day). My real question is at what point (in terms of daily traffic) do you start using affiliate marketing on your blog? I'm assuming that on my first day of having a blog that I'm not ready yet. I'm going to get some good quality content posted and start promoting the blog on social media, but I'm trying to figure out at what point I'll know it's time to start incorporating affiliate marketing efforts.

2. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Right when you hit 10. Kidding..

There is no such well established point. You can have affiliate links (think less is more) in your posts now or you can delay it until you get more daily visitors. Think like a site visitor. If your post#1 is informative and you are providing valuable information, and the affiliate link is relevant to your post, I don't see any reason why post#1 can't have an affiliate link.

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsflock View Post
    My blog actually did receive 6 views today (it's first day). My real question is at what point (in terms of daily traffic) do you start using affiliate marketing on your blog?
    I would start at your "comfortable point."
    Six views is not a lot but it's a start

If your blog topic meshes well with monetization then go for it.
    The best blogs do not look like "shove it in your face & buy it."

Start whenever you are ready.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have known bloggers who wouldn't add an affiliate link to their posts for a year, let the site soak and gain a following.

I slap a 120x240 AdSense text-only banner on anything new. For many reasons, except for profit. But if it makes a buck or two, I don't mind. Google itself will tell you 120x240 is lame, but my sites are lame so it's a perfect match, and I just got $1.50 from 1 click.

Congratz for your great work. I think your blogs need to optimize by any SEO expert, If your blog is optimized to the Search Engine, Not a matter how many visitors come, matter is how many appropriate visitors related to that product came? So in this point, you may get a chance to convert your visitors.

Congratulations on your 6 views! Start asap. The good thing about affiliate marketing versus other types of marketing is that you don't have to pitch. There is no convincing, or persuading.

The affiliate programs that you are a part of should add to your blog. For example if your blog is about natural hair. You should add something around the lines of "My favorite oil is tea tree oil from Winston company, not only does it leave my hair smooth like tea tree oil should, but it also adds volume and texture to my hair which is very unique for a tea tree oil".

Those 6 views will later on turn into more views, and the idea behind affiliate marketing is to make the most amount of people click that "Winston Company" link.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    shepherdsflock submit your blog to our Reviews forum. You will get more views and members can critique it with suggestions to make it better.

Congratulations on your first 6 views, it's always an exciting time when you get traffic for the first time.

There is a difference of opinion in the industry as to when is the best time to monetize your site or build a list from it.

I would say go with your gut feeling & what you feel most comfortable with. I have a blog that is monetized yet am waiting to build a larger audience & trust before building a list from it. I'm happy with that yet some would disagree.

I also have another one page site where I am building a list from as list building is one of the best ways to earn an income online.

Cheers
    Barry

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread