View Poll Results: Would you pay a small monthly fee for high quality training videos?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

12 70.59%
  • Maybe

5 29.41%
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Is There Interest in Training Videos?
    ABestWeb has a long history of providing unparalleled information on a wide variety of topics related to affiliate marketing, from SEO, to content marketing to social media to conversion optimization, and others. Our forum is free for all to join, read, and participate. There are, however, numerous sites across the internet that offer instruction on many of these topics, for a price. Over the years, many people have posted references to many such sites and educational opportunities, and ABW members have not been shy in voicing their opinions as to the respective merits of many such companies.

Would ABW members be interested in paying a minimal monthly fee to access high quality training videos from leading authors and industry practitioners?

We welcome your vote and your comments.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I posted this late last night so giving it a bump - Would like to see some feedback. Thanks.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

I was initially going to vote no, but in thinking about it, I might. It's dependent on price, topic, who it is and perceived expectation of gain, but I wouldn't completely rule it out.
    That said, with more local meetups happening (although I have yet to get my butt out to one) and the various summits, etc, not to mention the number of blogs, sites and resources for gathering information it would most likely be a tough sell.
    I'm a maybe leaning towards no.
    The washy is strong in this wishy.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

ABW used to have a nice resource in a sub-forum called (IIRC) Affiliate ABCs. For some reason it has been "buried." Might that be resurrected and refreshed/updated a bit? Even though it goes back a few years, much of the newbie/beginner stuff likely is still relevant and might be a good starting place for some new members.

Are you (and iNet) thinking of marketing to existing members or to try to attract more active members with such an initiative? I get the feeling that most of the newbies here might not be able to afford any subscription fee to "learn." They come here searching for answers - many times without even searching.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    ABW used to have a nice resource in a sub-forum called (IIRC) Affiliate ABCs. For some reason it has been "buried." Might that be resurrected and refreshed/updated a bit? Even though it goes back a few years, much of the newbie/beginner stuff likely is still relevant and might be a good starting place for some new members.

Are you (and iNet) thinking of marketing to existing members or to try to attract more active members with such an initiative? I get the feeling that most of the newbies here might not be able to afford any subscription fee to "learn." They come here searching for answers - many times without even searching.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Abw and its resources shd be kept free always or it will lose its USP. If inet wants to develop and monetize affiliate mktg videos, they shd start a new website.

Bump - Any more comments? Any more votes?

We haven't heard from many members and those that did respond are among the few "veterans" who remain active here. None of the newbie members have voiced an opinion; which is a statement unto itself.

If the bean counters at iNet convince the decision makers to move forward with any kind of a fee structure it will be a major step backward. Two colloquialisms come to mind: 1) Squeeze blood out of a turnip, and 2) Ghost Town.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

10. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I think that very basic videos might be very helpful to affiliates. Agreeing on the approach might be a bit controversial, but I think there are basics we can all agree on as far as white-hat tactics.

I also trust that things done here wouldn't be done in the "big check guy" format, promising that you too can make a fortune in your first week! Those are the ones that make me crazy when they scam newbies.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Affiliate Manager
    I'm sorry - I'm not sure why I missed this before. I voted no.

I personally wouldn't pay for videos, but that is more my personal preference. I prefer to read actual print rather than stare at a video that is either narrating to me or showing me things. Having something in print means I can make notes or highlight or bookmark. Videos don't really have that option. A video walk-through is helpful when doing something like building a table or changing your oil. I can't imagine in the world of affiliate marketing what would be useful to watch vs. just read.

13. Thanks From:

I'm there with Melanie, also prefer print to video. Also don't think that newbies would want to pay a fee for access to such info. I agree with Sam that ABW should always be free, and a separate membership site be started. However, the competition is pretty tough out there. Maybe ABW could be some sort of "sponsor" or have a "ABW approved" seal on it.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

15. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I also voted no.

ABW is a place where people in the affiliate industry come learn and share their knowledge, discuss the industry issues, and help each other - free of charge. It's been like that since the day one. It should remind that way as long as it is still called a ABW community.

Over the years, we've all benefit from members (some old, some new) who generously shared their knowledge for free. I myself have learned and grown with ABW a lot and am willing to help others whenever I can. I would like to see this core value of ABW continue down the road.

Trying to sell training videos to members is a bad idea. Not only the majority of the senior members(I believe) will not interested, it will also give ABW a bad image to newbies as if this is another one of those who is selling "get rich quick" scheme online.

17. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Don't even look at the networks' videos...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

19. Thanks From:

I'd need to know what's in the box before thinking about it any further. Like a description.
    For example, I'd pay to watch: "Step by step: How Donut done it!".
    and I wouldn't pay for: "Importance of Meta Tags".

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    I'd need to know what's in the box before thinking about it any further. Like a description.
    For example, I'd pay to watch: "Step by step: How Donut done it!".
    and I wouldn't pay for: "Importance of Meta Tags".
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Yes, yes, yes!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread