Exact Match Titles or long titles
    working on a niche blog, is it better to put the title of the posts as exact match keywords pulled off from adwords keyword tool OR use longer titles that contain the exact match keywords?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    What do you think?

I would say exact , but it's not "natural "
    So I'm not sure

I would say natural and longer gets you long tail but make sure it makes sense to the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    but make sure it makes sense to the reader.
    Ding ding!!
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

6. Thanks From:

I didn't think exact match really mattered any more? I would say something that grabs the readers attention more than anything, as long as the keywords are there right?

mrniceguy, pick a niche, research the number of searches compared for variations in keyword phrases, let us know what you find?

People are searching for information or products on the internet, not for keywords. It's best to just use an appropriate title as if you were writing an article or an advertisement for a magazine.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    What davidh said.

Sometime I have to fight myself to change what seems like a great title to put in a keyword that will relate to the topic. So many great titles make the content a mystery until it is read. That is good for existing followers, but not to get new followers or for SERPS.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

11. Thanks From:

My vote would probably be for slightly longer titles. Obviously your main keywords/keyphrase should be included..But adding a few extra words may do like someone else said, drive in a little extra from the long tail searches

Focus on the customer rather than keywords and what you think Google might want, and you'll do FAR better in the long run.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

14. Thanks From:

Agree with MichaelColey.

I read somewhere, Google is modifying the description.
    I even read somewhere Google is modifying the title..
    taking words, customers are looking for .. those words become keywords ...
    find the new keywords, no one did find them until now ....

But, Google has decided, you're wrong, changing the title with your unique keywords .....

what's left ? Magic or

Only a big Nespresso ;-)

(translated by Google)

and don't use (translated by Google) to create the Title. As evidenced above.

I think grasping the attention of readers is more important than just using keywords. Integrate them if you can, but if you're not getting a good natural title by using exact phrases then like others have said before me go with an interesting title instead of a keyword stuffed one.

you can include the keywords in your article for SEO. After all, Having quality content and title is better for long term.

Traffic will go to the website that gives the readers what they are looking for. If you force force the keywords, it diminishes the entire piece. Focus on the content then come up with an applicable title. Then, see if you can add your longer keywords. If it fits, kudos, if not at least your content can still resonate with the readers.

I would say mix and match.
    Keywords on the title (or on the url) can be used by search engines like google when pulling results to be displayed on SERP. If your content/content title is relevant to the keywords a user used when searching on the web then your content is most likely to be pulled by search engines. My point is, when creating a title for content or blog make sure that it is compelling long tail keywords including the generic keywords.

Quote Originally Posted by 9245af View Post
    I would say exact , but it's not "natural "
    So I'm not sure
    Hi if you have a niche website getting your keywords in your titles are great.

But what is more important is getting your keywords in the links through out the site linking all your content together, revolving around the same keywords

And build your main navigation with your niche keywords

Hope this helps!

guys/gals

Rather than giving opinions of what you think... Has anyone seen what Google says about it?

The COMPLETE Google Leaked Panda 4.1 Do & Don?t List - Josh Bachynski

This might be enlightening for some of you. Note that ALL references in the work are to GOOGLE personnel, and what THEY are publicly saying.

Hope it makes for good reading... and better optimization.

Lindy

Google Adwords Killed “Exact Match” – But Does it Matter?

Google actively updated and changed its search parameters throughout August and September. First, Authorship met its end and then “exact match” was retired and replaced with “close variant” for AdWords.

The option to bypass exact match and close variant was available in PPC accounts. However, now, users can no longer opt out of close variant.

[source:https://blog.kissmetrics.com/adwords...-exact-match/]

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread