The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Smile Is size important?
    What I mean is it necessary to list all the size of an item of clothing on an affiliate site. It seems to me NO, what must be listed is the size groupings, such as juniors, 'adult,' plus size, toddler etc. Once you have the size grouping than the individual site visitor can go to the merchant site to see if they have the size they need in stock.

I have found for except for clearance items (and other rare occasions) that if a merchant has one size in the category (say juniors) then they'll have all the sizes i.e. 1,3,5,7,9,11 and 13 So there is no need to list them all.

On the occasions where the merchant only has a few sizes (as mentioned above), an affiliate can never be sure that the size list is accurate as the merchant has a limited number of that product anyway that changes all the time.

This is my case for individual sizes are not important. Anyone have another opinion?
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

2. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Agree...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Some merchants have a line of shirts, and offer the same consistent sizing for the entire line. These are usually smaller niche companies, not the GAP or Jcpenny.

Well, in clothing perhaps... In jewelry - if my customer's incoming search terms are anything to go by - folks are looking for pretty specific items: 8mm size 10 pearl ring, 18" 9mm Pearl strand, 13mm freshwater pearl earrings in 14K Gold, etc... So on that note I'd say carrying the specific (9mm Pearl Ring - Size 9) would behoove you in terms of your own SEO/user engagement versus the "category" (9mm Pearl Ring)...

As for clothing - just speaking personally - since I wear harder-to-find size, I tend to give a lot of credence to folks where I know I can see if they have, e.g., "15/38" shirts... and that applies whether it's a direct merchant, deal-site, aggregator, blog, etc. Just too often I see some shirt I LOVE, but then I click and nothing nowhere near my size... Which probably annoys me, the merchant AND the affiliate!

But I'm a guy, so perhaps that's not so important :-)

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Pearls: I will consider what you said, but I sell women's apparel not jewelry.

There are certain merchants which have a limited stock and only one or two sizes for a particular item, for those I may consider including an extra size field but for the majority its best to just include the grouping instead of dealing with all the sizes. The fact is I am never 100% sure of the price, keeping up with the size inventory seems hopeless anyway.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Understood, Oranges. They're somewhat different businesses. And managing sizes is always a hassle...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread