Starting a new coupon's website.
    Hi all,

I am from India. Coupons website is the present hot cake in india e-market. I am planning to start a new coupon's website. i just want to give a try, right now my job is to post coupons manually. so i have somewhat knowledge about how to get coupons and post them. i am a noman in hosting and installing scripts. i need help in hosting. i learnt how coupons website work. i've already bought a domain n host. i learnt that it's enough to install coupon script and our simple coupons website is ready (pls correct me, if i am wrong). i want to know, apart from this, what else should i need to do. like installing any other plug ins. pls help me, i am still learning. i am planning to buy couponscript from couponscript.org. when we buy from them, they will install it on our host for free. so i also want to know whether it is safe/ok to allow them to install it on our host or is it better to install it ourselves. pls help n reply anybody.

thanks.

46 views, no reply?

Just curious oysterzzz, you signed up and didn't bother to introduce yourself, not everyone does.. but then to complain that no one jumps to attend the free help counter looks bad. Have you taken a moment to read through some of the other threads in this Couponers Corner forum to see if you can pick up some information about your new career? Maybe do a search here and see what experiences other people have had with the company you are asking about? People are willing to help around here, but you are expected to be taking care of your business too.

If a company you are doing business with needs to access your server to do work for you, you should have the ability to create an account for them to use and close it when they have finished. Be prepared to accept whatever they install on your site without looking at it yourself, then change all your passwords that they might have access to during their install if you feel safer that way. But those aren't the questions you should have right now.

If you aren't ready to run your own site yet, you might be better off creating the site first, learn how things work, and then add the script when you have traffic. How do you intend to drive traffic once it is installed if there's nothing else on your site? What have you read up on concerning competition? Have you signed up for an account at all the merchants you will be offering coupons for? Have you been approved to work with them? If not, how do you plan to earn money? Just some basic questions because you seem to be not really prepared for the road you're taking.

BTW - welcome to ABW.

2busy, welcome to the "entitlement" generation.

Plus - it was only three hours during a weekend and in the middle of the night in this part of the world. LOL
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Now you have some replies!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

6. Thanks From:

The one tip I would give you is that you need to focus on a niche. The Web doesn't need a 1,000,001st coupon site. But a coupon site focused on a specific niche could work.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

First of all, thanks for welcoming and thanks for all your replies. I don't know that you need to introduce yourself here to get the replies or to post a thread. Anyways, like I've said before I am from India and yes, it doesn't have that many coupons sites like in the west. Few people who come for shopping, doesn't even know about any coupon site. So I have an idea about how to market my website. I did search in this section to get my answers and regarding couponscript.org too. Although many experiences are available, either they are from the west or they are very long back posts. I just wanted to know whether it is safe to allow them to install. It's a US based company and few websites I know, use their script too. I am planning to get the affiliates after driving traffic to my site, because they first ask how many visitors do I get per day and based upon that they'll come forward. Till then I just want to post the best coupons and deals available.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think anyone here will be able to answer your question definitively as you are asking an India specific question. India's ecom sector is still nascent but it's on fire now. Flipkart.com, snapdeals.com & Inmobi are now valued to be Billion dollar companies. Snapdeals.com started as a daily deals site, like groupon and changed gears to become a market place. Flipkart is now competing head to head with Amazon in India. Inmobi is competing with Google's Admob internationally.

Is there even an affiliate network in India. How or where are you going to get your coupons from and how will you get paid. Will it be online only coupons or offline too. You will have to chart your own course. The advantage to you is you won't have many competitors. The disadvantage will be you will have to figure out many things, work with merchants directly, figure out tracking, payments etc. But do it well, you can be the next Snapdeals.
    Last edited by sam_park; October 6th, 2014 at 04:34 PM.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks, like I've said before I am pretty familiar about getting the coupons. Few stores like jabong, flipkart, amazon india do not need a mediator in between. They deal directly with the coupon people. No affiliate networks comes in between. Still some networks like payoom, vcommision, tyroo, omg etc are worth a try.

regards.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread