Basic question. If someone joins as an affiliate with a a particular merchant at CJ amd later wishes to terminate that particular affiliate relationship, is there an unjoin button or what is the procedure?

On the merchants info page there is a big link to "DROP PROGRAM" located next to your current status (presuming you are joined - if you are not joined the link says - JOIN PROGRAM).

So if the Drop Program button is selected, is that the termination?

Does the merchant typically send an email at that point to confirm the termination and/or to ask why dropping out and trying to change their mind?

At that point your status will change from joined to not joined as it appears next to that merchants name. That's it. No other ceremony needed. You don't need to split all your assets with them or anything.

I've never had any email from a merchant whose program I've dropped, I would doubt any actually contact you.

I've contacted dropped affiliates before...I'm always interested to hear why =)

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    FreeDebtConsolidation.com
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com
    $7.5 Million paid to affiliates last year
    Highest Converting app on the Net!
    Private Forum at ABW

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I've contacted dropped affiliates before...I'm always interested to hear why =)
    That'd be a first for me to hear from a merchant I have dropped.

On the other hand, when an affiliate spends hard-earned money and EXTENSIVE time building sites and promoting, especially resulting in advertisement fees, I believe it should be MANDATORY for the merchant to provide not only an ADEQUATE REASON but ADEQUATE TIME to the affiliate to be able to have a possible regaining of ones' funds incurred in said advertisements and time~!

BUT NO~! We are treated like garbage~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

If any affiliate drops from our program we always send out an email asking if there was something we did that made them decide to terminate their affiliation. I think it is far more valuable to find out exactly what made them decide to remove our link than to just say adios' .. next.

You may even see a pattern not noticed by you and the reason affiliates are leaving. This allows you the opportunity to do something about it, and to possibly prevent them and others from leaving your program.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Daniel and Ray are certainly the exception, not the norm.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread