Trying to make sense of this merchant?
    Dear Publisher, due to LinkShare's network limitations I must temporarily place all publishers into a new 1% flat commission offer. This will take affect in 14 days (October 22nd, 2014). Immediately afterward, nearly all publishers will be moved back to the normal 2-6% item-level commission offer that has been and will remain in place. Certain promo code websites will be kept at the 1% flat rate, but this will be a very small minority. For questions please reach out to me directly:

Jason Waring, eAccountable
    Last edited by Bob Lawrence; October 8th, 2014 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Added company name
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Can someone ping Jason and ask what this is all about?

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager BryanAffiliates's Avatar
    Sort of sounds like they want to make 1% the baseline offer, with the content-driven affiliates getting bumped back up to where they were at before. All future affiliates will come in at 1% and move up, rather then everyone coming in at 2-6% and those that use promo codes moving down.

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanAffiliates View Post
    Sort of sounds like they want to make 1% the baseline offer, with the content-driven affiliates getting bumped back up to where they were at before. All future affiliates will come in at 1% and move up, rather then everyone coming in at 2-6% and those that use promo codes moving down.
    Correct - you cannot force a LinkShare publisher into a lower payout than your baseline. Hence the limitation.

7. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Jason, if you explained that to your affiliates, there would be less anger and resentment when they see a commission level being dropped, even if it is said to be temporary (we've all seen many temporary drops stay in place for lengthy periods, and at times permanently).
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Jason, if you explained that to your affiliates, there would be less anger and resentment when they see a commission level being dropped, even if it is said to be temporary (we've all seen many temporary drops stay in place for lengthy periods, and at times permanently).
    Phil I did, my note to all publishers is quoted in the first post.

Why not move the couponers to 1% and leave the content affiliates alone? How many affiliates do you have to modify?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Sorry, Jason but saying "due to LinkShare's network limitations I must temporarily place all publishers into a new 1% flat commission offer" may be an excuse but it is not an explanation. Posts #3 & #4 above explained it.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

12. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Why not move the couponers to 1% and leave the content affiliates alone? How many affiliates do you have to modify?
    You can't force a publisher in LinkShare.
    Last edited by Jason eAccountable; October 8th, 2014 at 05:28 PM.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Sorry, Jason but saying "due to LinkShare's network limitations I must temporarily place all publishers into a new 1% flat commission offer" may be an excuse but it is not an explanation. Posts #3 & #4 above explained it.
    I'm going to extend the new item-level offer early, so everyone can join it now and not stress about the transition.

15. Thanks From:

You can't force a publisher in LinkShare.
    So in order to create a 1% commission tier you have to move everyone there then back up? Seems a cluster to me, would be laying into the network over that one.

I had to move everyone from 35% to 25% for a program I manage. Had to email the affiliates and give them a week to decide if they wanted to leave. After a week it was automatically applied to all affiliates. Meanwhile I updated my program description to the lower term so there was no surprise.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Like that would be the first network related cluster issue Chuck ?
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread