Is VistaPrint Taking Advantage of Affiliates?
    We've tried contacting VistaPrint about this and they won't respond to it, so I feel like this is my only next step.

Did you know that if you have any old links from VistaPrint on your site...any sales made through those links are invalid? It can even be there LOGO banner.

We pull the images directly from CJ and only use the authorized images and links. My members make purchases and don't get credit. So we file disputes in CJ. Every single one of them comes back as "not referred last click" but when you look at the actual explanation, it says:

"The last referred click was redirected from an expired offer. If you are still hosting Vistaprint's expired offers, please remove them and replace them with the new offers in order to optimize and receive credit."

So even though it was a valid CJ banner when I pulled it and it directs through CJ to Vistaprint, I don't get paid. People clicked through my links and made purchases. But they don't have to pay the commission.

It seems to me one of two things:

1) If VistaPrint pulls a link from CJ so that it is not commissionable anymore, the link shouldn't take the customer into VistaPrint to make a purchase. Those are all just free sales for VistaPrint then.

2) If VistaPrint changes their links but still has a valid program, they should pay on anything that comes through the old links. Even from a technology standpoint if there is something wonky where it didn't automatically trigger in their system, they should make good when affiliates file disputes.

Imagine how many sales VistaPrint is getting off of old links on sites and in blog posts and the affiliates have absolutely no idea.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I would contact CJ as they get paid based on the sale and not clicks. Their losing money too!

Affiliate Manager BryanAffiliates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineTricia View Post
    "The last referred click was redirected from an expired offer. If you are still hosting Vistaprint's expired offers, please remove them and replace them with the new offers in order to optimize and receive credit."
    So was the link expired, or was the offer/discount/promo expired? I've seen affiliates who will continue to advertise a specific offer months/years after it has expired.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanAffiliates View Post
    So was the link expired, or was the offer/discount/promo expired? I've seen affiliates who will continue to advertise a specific offer months/years after it has expired.
    I guess it was just the banner ad. We had pulled the logo banner from CJ and that is what we were getting the clicks through. The only thing I can figure is that they swapped out for a newer logo or something. So it wasn't an offer that was outdated that was expired that we were promoting. It was just the specific banner that they replaced with another logo.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

5. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread