Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What Good is Custom Tracking if you can't see it?
    I'd like to know why you can't show the Member ID custom tracking code in all the advance reports?

Last edited by Bob Lawrence; October 13th, 2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Changed can to can't
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

2. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Not that we don't trust merchants and networks - well actually, we don't.

"Signature" tracking AND click date should be in the "Non-Commissionable Sales" report. Far TOO many "Return Exceeded" in the report.

Everyone knows that most purchases are made within 24 hours - right? After all, that's what most merchants claim.

$1,346.68 is what our non-commissionable sales are so far this month.
    $3,105.62 in September.
    You don't want to know what it is for the year.

Affiliates NEED to be reassured that nothing hinky is going on. Plus, for affiliates running loyalty/reward sites the Signature activity needs to be in the report - some of us capture the click time stamp in the Signature activity...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    "Return Exceeded" means the sale came outside the cookie window and is a good reason to negotiate a longer cookie range. LinkShare is one network that allows you to set a custom cookie length per affiliate. First program I managed full time was on LS and I used that report to get affiliates more active by giving them longer cookie lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    "Return Exceeded" means the sale came outside the cookie window and is a good reason to negotiate a longer cookie range.
    Yep.

However, without verification when the click actually occurred, it's all suspect...

Everyone knows that most purchases are made within 24 hours - right? After all, that's what most merchants claim.
    Yeah, eBay claimed that too, but my earnings dropped by 55% when they went 24.

I was trying to find the thread where this was brought up in the past and never got a reply from the linkshare mod.
    Looks like I'm beating a dead horse here.
    Think they are afraid we'll really see what the is going on!

8. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Not that we don't trust merchants and networks - well actually, we don't.

"Signature" tracking AND click date should be in the "Non-Commissionable Sales" report. Far TOO many "Return Exceeded" in the report.

Affiliates NEED to be reassured that nothing hinky is going on. Plus, for affiliates running loyalty/reward sites the Signature activity needs to be in the report - some of us capture the click time stamp in the Signature activity...
    Since there's been no reply to this thread and the one where it was brought up before, that I could "not" find with search.
    Gonna have to assume that there is something hinky is going on, that's why they're not even going to discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313 View Post
    Yeah, eBay claimed that too, but my earnings dropped by 55% when they went 24.
    Absolutely, me too.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

some of us capture the click time stamp in the Signature activity...
    Yeah, I do too....

I just looked at the Non Commissionable Sales report for the first time (this year?). It was really depressing. My report used to be filled with Wal-Mart, but now, it appears to be dominated by Kohls and Best Buy. Kohl's has a 10 return day window, so actually pretty decent. Best Buy has a 3 return day window.

I would really like to see signature id's in this report. I'm surprised by my volume of non-commissionable sales, they are quite large and kindof suspect.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

12. Thanks From:

Guess I'll bump this dead horse again..

What Good is Custom Tracking if you can't see it in all the advanced reporting?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    Guess I'll bump this dead horse again..

What Good is Custom Tracking if you can't see it in all the advanced reporting?

Is anyone going to address this issue?

I find it hard to believe that as many 'return exceeded' we saw this month (and this year) on TEN DAY cookies that it took people that damn long to decide to buy. $2k with ONE discount merchant alone.

Bullcrap that there is NO accountability by LinkShare or the merchants on the network.

We want to see 'signatures' and dates when the click occurred/cookie was set...

16. Thanks From:

Is anyone going to address this issue?
    Sure doesn't look like it.

I find it hard to believe that as many 'return exceeded' we saw this month (and this year) on TEN DAY cookies that it took people that damn long to decide to buy. $2k with ONE discount merchant alone.
    Was probably credited to another channel if the truth be known.

Bullcrap that there is NO accountability by LinkShare or the merchants on the network.
    Today at 12:16 AM
    Dear Diamonds Factory Affiliate
    Diamonds Factory would like to thank you for your participation in our affiliate program. Unfortunately, we have made a business decision to suspend our affiliate program with Rakuten Affiliate Network.
    We will pay for commissions earned on Net Orders received through an affiliate link based on the terms of our Agreement, plus any earned outstanding payments currently owned to affiliates. Affiliates sales commissions will not accrue after 11th dec 2014. If you have changed your contact information, please update your Rakuten Affiliate Network profile so you can receive your final commission check in a timely manner.
    Pursuant to our Affiliate Agreement between Diamonds Factory and you, this shall serve as our formal written notice to terminate our Diamonds Factory Affiliate Agreement. Per our Agreement, you are required to remove any and all banners, buttons, text links, products images and store fronts that link to http:// www. the diamonds factory. com by End of Business Day i.e 31st Dec. If you have any questions regarding this manner, please contact nilesh.rakholia @ diamondsfactory.co.uk or markandey.singh @ diamondsfactory.in.
    Once again, we thank you for supporting the affiliate program and appreciate your compliance with these termination provisions.
    What accountability by LinkShare or the merchants?

We want to see 'signatures' and dates when the click occurred/cookie was set...
    Needed more than you will ever know Linkshare.

18. Thanks From:

We really need to be able to see the Member ID in all advanced reports.
    Especially when a "Merchant" has marked 2 sales worth $3K as return exceeded...................

20. Thanks From:

Especially when a "Merchant" has marked 2 sales worth $3K as return exceeded...................
    Agree 100%...

And the beat goes on!
    Taking this merchant offline of our sites and redirecting to Amazon / Ebay... your loss Linkshare.

23. Thanks From:

Yup! Mr. Convergence...

Time to beat this dead horse again!

So, there is a new reporting UI that is marked "Beta". It appears that it "may" be possible to view non-commissionable items in the new signature activity report. I couldn't get it to work though. I could get the columns added to the report, but pagination didn't work and I couldn't sort and filtering didn't work either.

If you look at the "add additional columns", then you can see that non-commissionable is an option that isn't "greyed out". Unfortunately, sub-id's are greyed out in the non-commissionable report.

If someone from LinkShare could give us a hint as to how to view sub-id tracking with non-commissionable sales, that would be great. Like I said, I tried for 10 minutes with no luck.

26. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi isellstuff,

The New Reporting UI does have a lot of cool features and I had actually suggested our product team if they can show member id's for non-commissionable sales based on the feedback from this thread. Unfortunately, with the way our data architecture is currently set up, we cannot show member id information with non-commissionable sales. Our product team did mention that they would try to restructure the data so it can be possible in the future but I don't have any guarantees or timelines or anything.

--Ranae

28. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I had just looked at the "new" reporting section when I saw these posts. Two questions:

1) What does this give us that is new and valuable, and

2) For the life of me I cannot understand how "Advanced" Reports" is seemingly kept up to date while the home page reporting continues to lag days and even weeks behind and is thus totally worthless to even have there.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

30. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator View Post
    Unfortunately, with the way our data architecture is currently set up, we cannot show member id information with non-commissionable sales. Our product team did mention that they would try to restructure the data so it can be possible in the future but I don't have any guarantees or timelines or anything
    --Ranae
    So, the UI, specifically "Add and Remove Columns" gives the impression that I can slice and dice the reporting data in a mind boggling number of permutations. From what your saying, it appears that the new reports may just be a new UI on the same old functionality?
    Last edited by isellstuff; October 1st, 2015 at 12:25 PM.

32. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    The new reporting UI allows you to:

* Build custom reports
    * Modify our existing 'canned reports' to add additional information that you want to see
    * Allows you to adjust reports based on your local timezone
    * Allows you to compare data in multiple time periods.
    * Allows you to look at data by transaction date or process date

These are all functionalities that our "Advanced Reporting" system did not have. We have all of our basic reports in the new UI because once it is out of Beta it will be the primary reporting platform.

In terms of delay's, there should not be any delays. I do know there was an issue a while back where homepage reports were not up to date because of other issues but both home page reports and all of our other reports should be in sync.

--Ranae
    Last edited by LinkShare Moderator; October 1st, 2015 at 01:18 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Other than the time zone setting, I see nothing new that actually works. I tried adding columns also, and get responses like "unavailable".

And the home page stats have not been anything resembling up to date for more than a year and as said in the present state are WORTHLESS and a waste of space and our time in EVER even glancing at. Fix if or get rid of it.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

35. Thanks From:

I'm sure MERCHANTS don't want us to see member IDs - there is no reason that the member ID can't be added. You already collect that data in other reports....

37. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator View Post
    In terms of delay's, there should not be any delays. I do know there was an issue a while back where homepage reports were not up to date because of other issues but both home page reports and all of our other reports should be in sync.
    --Ranae
    Unfortunately the home page reports are not sync with advanced reports. I've totally ignored the homepage report for long time. Always go to the advanced report for actual numbers. Agree with Phil, either fix it or get rid of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast