15 Days to Implosion on ShareASale
    I began with a merchant on CJ in 2003. They switched to SaS on Sept 30th(2014). Now the program is offline. What has to happen to a trustworthy merchant that their program would go offline in 15 days of switching to SaS? As much as I love SaS it seems a lot of merchants I work with go offline once every couple of months. This is the first one I've seen anyone go offline in 15 days. I spent the last two weeks switching over 11 years of deep links just to wake up this morning to an offline program and a huge stack of invalid clicks.

I love Brian and his crew. I love this merchant. But why isn't there something in place that would facilitate a little staying power on these programs to prevent them from so easily going offline.

2. Thanks From:

This is why I always work with a merchants program on CJ rather then SAS if the merchant is on both networks. SAS and their follower always say I better protected on their system because of the merchant has to pay upfront but in 15 years that has not been an issue and even if it was I willing to take the risk over having merchants go offline from time to time.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

4. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Is it temporarily offline? or closed? If it's temporarily offline, they need to set up auto pay to keep it up and running.

CJ and SAS are actually pretty similar in terms of funding with the exception that CJ doesn't deactivate links immediately on dropping to a negative balance. I think your risk as an affiliate is greater there because they could go to -5000 or something before they get cut off and if they bail on CJ you're stuck. With SAS, at least you're not sending traffic to a deadbeat offer. They make allowances for redirecting traffic from merchants who are underfunded.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

6. Thanks From:

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    calebtheredwood,

Shoot me an email to brian @ shareasale.com and I'll speak with the Merchant they just may not be as familiar with our processes and such I'm sure we can get them fixed up and smoother in the future.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Got it all sorted out. The merchant said it was a problem with the auto pay not being set up. Back online and paying commissions again.

How's that merchant doing for you now Calebtheredwood? Do they have an affiliate manager or OPM? Is everything working ok in SAS now? Thanks!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread