Spam likes on Facebook
    Surely, we all know that buying likes on Facebook is a terrible idea. Unfortunatelly, nothing can stop organization X from purchasing thousands of spam likes for the company Y's Facebook page.

I am right now battling with exactly this - a friend's page has about 3-4000 real likes and 15 000 likes from fake people 99% originating from India. For now, I can't find an easy or at least automated way to remove those.

Any suggestions?

That is the truth my buddy and reason too that is why I am not going with the Paid or any Facebook link exchange program. Its terrible and also your bad impression in Facebook's edge graph.

Affiliate Manager
    I've not found an easy way of doing this. This link describes in detail how to do it...but it's still one-by-one. He does delve into how to prevent it from happening in the future, though.

How To Delete Fake Likes From Your Facebook Page | DaylanDoes

I hope this helps...and I'm sincerely sorry that there are 15,000 to go through! What a headache!
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR, [URL="http://bit.ly/1oapxzB"]Boost Affiliates[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by BoostAffiliates View Post
    I've not found an easy way of doing this. This link describes in detail how to do it...but it's still one-by-one. He does delve into how to prevent it from happening in the future, though.

How To Delete Fake Likes From Your Facebook Page | DaylanDoes

I hope this helps...and I'm sincerely sorry that there are 15,000 to go through! What a headache!
    I Google about this and I think there is not any easy idea. You have to do all the things manually and for separately for everyone.

I think buying likes on Facebook is not a good idea.If you do this method, you only getting spam likes not original.So, try to get likes in genuine manner.

Is it possible that you can make a new page, and delete the old one. Perhaps start from scratch. From what it looks like, you'll have to spend a lot of effort in getting rid of the bought likes.

You can post something about moving your page, and maybe some of the people with real likes may follow.

This isn't the best option to consider, but I am afraid if you invest anything in removing those 15000 likes then that may as well be sunk costs.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    With brands no longer able to instruct users to like pages as a way to unlock content or enter contests, industry experts say they will have to engage consumers in more authentic ways.
    Facebook Puts Ban on "Like-Gating"

Sadly, there are still some people that is looking at this strategy as a way to attract followers. They have this impression that if they got a bunch of likes on their page people will think that it is legit or popular.

I've tried exchange likes/traffic before, out of curiosity, just for a couple of hours. Within that day I got around 10 followers, but then when I started looking at the profiles of those people who followed me I realized that it was just a bunch of junk accounts. Since then I learned that it is worthless.

I got 136 followers on my fan page and I'm pretty sure they are all real.
    Not into facebook ads. I want to get my followers organically.

I am really impressed that someone is still buying Facebook likes. Firstly, all this unnaturally gained likes does not worth anything for search engines. Smart algorithm already acknowledge the issue and solve it. As for branding, purchased likes won't ever add any value and they certainly won't turn into business. It is useless strategy in my opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by Viky View Post
    really? FB likes also can buy?
    I have ever done it myself as i think it's utterly useless, but of course it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Viky View Post
    OK, got it. So, Can u help me answer another question: Does fan page can buy by money? and if yes. Do you have any friends can help to to build FB fan page? I really want to learn about FB knowledge. Thanks
    Hi Viky, I guess you can find such service,but I think the best strategy is to invest some time and efforts into building your the audience for the fan page. I won't be able to refer you to anyone either, I do employ only white hat online promotional tactics and buying likes is obviously not one of them.

I do employ only white hat online promotional tactics and buying likes is obviously not one of them.
    Yes, this is not one of them.
    You can set some restrictions like the code or to answer questions like that.

Well, you can report on the facebook itself. If you think that like was spam.

Absolutelly no effect from reporting this behaviour. It's easy as pie, since 99% of the real audience is from one country and 100% of the spammers originate from a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sveta Meisak View Post
    I am really impressed that someone is still buying Facebook likes. Firstly, all this unnaturally gained likes does not worth anything for search engines. Smart algorithm already acknowledge the issue and solve it. As for branding, purchased likes won't ever add any value and they certainly won't turn into business. It is useless strategy in my opinion..
    From another perspective, the new facebook accounts don't have fans in the start, so, they start buy fans in order to attract more people as soon as possible. The beginning is difficult.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread