Thread: Have you ever bought a tailor-made shirt

Affiliate Manager Jana Banovska's Avatar
    Have you ever bought a tailor-made shirt
    Hello everyone,

considering high male ration in the affiliate industry I guess this is a great place to try and see what a man thinks of a tailor-made products. I suspect that for a majority of people tailor-made clothing doesn't even come up as an option when they are looking for a new shirt, pants or a suit as a general idea is that it's just too expensive? But maybe I am wrong... could you let me know what you think?

And as a thank you for your answers, three of you who answer will get $30 coupon to spend on our website so if you use it to buy a tailor-made shirt with this coupon you can get hand-made shirt for the price of a regular one.

So let me know:
    1. have you ever considered buying a tailor-made
    2. if not, why not
    3. if yes, was it for a special occasion
    4. what product have you purchased and was it online or from a regular tailor
    5. were you happy with your product

We are looking at the ways we talk to potential new customers which would also have an effect on our affiliate creative and communication.

Many thanks for your help!
    Jana

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    have you ever considered buying a tailor-made - Yes, when I was in corporate America.

if yes, was it for a special occasion - No, was wearing dress shirts and a tie each day. I am tall and have long arms.

what product have you purchased and was it online or from a regular tailor - purchased from Custom Shirts in Chicago.

were you happy with your product - loved the shirt and found that I could buy off the rack. It was nice to have the monogram and loved the quality of the fabric.

3. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Have you ever considered buying a tailor-made - Yes, but I always thought the prices were just too high and I almost always could get good off-the-rack fits.

If yes, was it for a special occasion - No, 27 years practicing law, wore a suit almost every day for all those years.

What product have you purchased and was it online or from a regular tailor - The only custom-made clothing product I ever did buy was a custom-made pair of shoes. There was a shoemaker near my office back in the 1980s, and he did a lot of repairs for me and for my family, and he also made custom made shoes at a really good price. My then law partner and I decided to try him out on this, and we each ordered a pair.

Were you happy with your product - It took him months and months to get them done and both pairs were disasters - neither his pair nor mine ever fit correctly.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager Jana Banovska's Avatar
    Thank you, Chuck and Phil, for your contributions. Sounds like custom pair of shoes can be a bit tricky :-)

I can see we are getting views but not that many answers. If you prefer, feel free to send me your answer directly for a chance to get a code to spend on our website.

We encourage those who haven't purchased tailor-made clothing previously to tell us their reasons and views on tailor-made. We just assume that people might consider it slow and expensive option? Are we on the right track? What marketing message would temp those with no tailor-made experience to explore this option?

thank you,
    Jana

6. Thanks From:

7. Newsletter Signup