Thread: Please welcome our newest forum, Commission Factory

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Please welcome our newest forum, Commission Factory
    Commission Factory was designed to make performance-based marketing available to everyone and not require a steep learning curve in order to get involved and to be successful.

The platform has been designed to foster a spirit of collaboration between Merchants, Affiliates and OPMs in order to grow mutually beneficial and prosperous relationships. Commission Factory was built for Affiliates and Advertisers by ex-Affiliates and Advertisers, a system engineered from experience and knowledge, and one that is constantly evolving.

As Commission Factory has little to no barriers to entry, they have seen an enormously fast growing user base that enables companies of all sizes to discover the power of performance marketing.

Beginning in Australia, Commission Factory quickly became the largest network in the Southern Hemisphere and is now expanding it’s reach into other locations, replicating it’s successful formula, software and customer service into new geographic regions and answering the demand for a new network that does not compete with it’s own client base of affiliates, advertisers and agencies.

Commission Factory is now in the process of expanding its base of US merchants to provide a new network opportunity for US affiliates and international affiliates who market to US customers.

Please join me in welcoming Commission Factory to ABestWeb!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Hello and to ABW.

It would be very helpful to know what U.S. merchants are in your network before signing up.

Also, seeing RMN featured on your site makes me feel a little queasy. Are they one of the founders?
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Yup, agree with Renée. As an affiliate, I won't go through that door unless there is enough of a window that I can see what's on the inside. Having RetailMeNot on the "Welcome Sign" will likely turn me away anyway. Sorry.

As a merchant, knowing that you give away 20% of your override fee (my surcharge) to a referring affiliate for life makes me wonder about your fee structure. If I refer myself would I get a 20% "discount?" Sorry, just thinking out loud here.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    Hello and to ABW.

It would be very helpful to know what U.S. merchants are in your network before signing up.

Also, seeing RMN featured on your site makes me feel a little queasy. Are they one of the founders?
    We don't have many US affiliates right now TBH as it's not our primary focus and is quite a saturated market already. We're location agnostic, we don't mind where you are from and we build out the network country by country. Next on our list is all of South East Asia, New Zealand and Canada. Mind you we do have US affiliates and merchants already, just not that many right now.

In our original market of Australia RMN is quite recognised and popular so showing their logo helps with merchant acquisitions. I can see many arguments on this forum that are for or against coupons so I won't go into my personal feelings about them as this has been argued to death but they are still a recognised and widely used part of the affiliate ecosystem, they're not going away they just need to better managed with attribution. And no they are not founders of the company, although RMN was originally founded in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yup, agree with Renée. As an affiliate, I won't go through that door unless there is enough of a window that I can see what's on the inside. Having RetailMeNot on the "Welcome Sign" will likely turn me away anyway. Sorry.

As a merchant, knowing that you give away 20% of your override fee (my surcharge) to a referring affiliate for life makes me wonder about your fee structure. If I refer myself would I get a 20% "discount?" Sorry, just thinking out loud here.
    Hi Bill,

As a merchant you are going to pay the same override whether there was a referral in place or not, we just opt to sacrifice 20% of our override back to the referring affiliate if there was one.

We're obviously not going to hold a gun to your head and make you sign up. But there is little to no consequence for simply signing up and taking a look. IF RMN is a turn off then that's not a problem, we may show that we work with them upfront, all networks we are aware of work with RMN to some degree so it certainly doesn't make us the exception to the rule.

RMN are quite popular with merchants in Australia so it is part of our selling tools to advertise that we work with them for merchant acquisitions.

Zane, thank you for your fast and candid response. Much appreciated.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Yes, as Renee said, thank you for the response.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Hey guys,
    I'm not an affiliate with you nor am I likely to be in the short term at least, but I had a tiny suggestion.
    You have the NEW MERCHANT: Happy Tummies thread going where you are adding new merchants that are part of your network. Might I suggest that you either change the title of the thread to something like NEW MERCHANTS or start new threads for the new merchants individually. The new merchant announcements might get lost to people who look at the existing title and see the one merchant there, not realizing there are a bunch in the thread besides the one showing.
    Don't know if that helps or not, it was just a thought.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

9. Thanks From:

Hi popdawg,

Thanks for letting us know, this was an error on our part in an attempt to automate the new merchant postings. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and we'll fix it ASAP.

Thank you once again and hope to see you as part of the Commission Factory network in the future.

11. Thanks From:

12. Newsletter Signup