Need advices for a specific case
    Hi,

for my first message (except my presentation) i have a very specific question.
    We have been running an affiliate program for 2 months (on post affiliate pro), which is far to be perfect at the moment; I have to work on it obviously
    I have a case which is quite difficult to handle (from my point of view)

So, the situation is the following: we have a TV star who signed with us. I have to create text content only (she will deal with her pictures, or i might help her if needed) in order to promote our brand.
    The branding is based on keywords (such as luxury/France/Natural and organic/ beauty) which i won't necessary use, but each text will have its own message, related to the keyword.

I must create about 30 texts, which must look like if she is the author of the texts; i don't want to be pushy and i don't want it to be "pure advertising". That must look as natural as possible.
    How would you proceed to create this content? I write a few texts, i read them a few times, i don't like them, i start again. After a few hours, i can say that i have no text at all

The other really important things is that if it works with her, she will help us in working with other stars like her on the market that we target (so, as you can imagine, it could be big money).

Any advice is more than welcome on this one, i would like to do it as perfect as possible and, most important, i want to avoid any mistake that i could possibly make.

Thanks
    Last edited by Reelle; October 30th, 2014 at 11:35 PM.

Affiliate Manager
    It seems the best course of action is to do some research on her writing style. Once you have her tone and how she structures her content, you can then begin to create the text content for her.

I would ask (if she is quite busy) if she has an Editor or an Assistant that helps with content. You can come up with the first draft of them, work with the Editor to clean it up, an then present it to the client before publishing.

I hope this helps. Thanks!
    Taylor H. Barr
    Arbiter of Affiliates (and Partnerships)
    [URL="mailto:taylor@asmallorange.com"]Taylor@asmallorange.com[/URL]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Why would you not use words such as luxury/France/Natural and organic/ beauty? That's a fail.

Start with the list in a word doc. Then write a complete sentence limited by how many characters you feel a text link should be limited to. If you like you can post them in this thread and I will move it to the Review forum. We can critique your work there.

Thanks for your replies

Concerning her writing style, that's a huge problem, she is thai and i don't speak/read thai. So that would be created then we would have to translate/adapt all the texts. But i will ask our thai staff to let me know about it, if they manage to explain it to me I reckon that this is the best way to proceed, thanks Taylor.

Concerning the use of luxury/France/natural etc, i will use them Chuck. Considering that i will create short texts and each text must be about 1 keyword, so the message will be easier to "anchor". I reckon that i am thinking too much on this one. We will give the texts to her so she will post them in the order we provide them; i shouldn't worry too much about using the same keywords if i use them only once or twice per month.
    But i will work on a bigger list of words, i think that it might be usefull, at least to find ideas.

Once some of them will be done, i will post them here for sure.

While i am thinking about it, i read, somewhere, that there is a part of this forum where i could present our program for test purpose ( i insist on the "for test purpose") but i cannot remember where it is (i have tried to find it but i failed. Maybe i dreamt about it ). I would like to have opinion about it when the "public" part will be nearly ready, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. Then i will be able to modify a few things, following advices, prior to officially launch it when i will judge that it is good enough. If you know where is this part of the forum, i would like to read about the feedbacks of other "tests".

Thanks again for your help.

Forums >> Site / Logo / Banner Review

Are you writing all text links in English? If so translate then write in proper English. If she is promoted in Thai you don't have to translate literally from Thai to English.

Indeed i will write all the texts in English, at first. Then our Thai staff will have to translate it, respecting her style, so she does not have anything to do except taking a pic and post the text as a legend/link.

Thanks for the link, i think that i will spend a lot of time reading this part of the forum tomorrow

English to Thai that's a tough one.

I agree Chuck. The way they communicate is quite different from occidentals. So sometimes they cannot translate what i am telling them because in their culture, that would be impolite.

I have just posted our program for review if you want to have a look at it.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread