Guest Blogging
    As we all know that Google is not consider guest blog posting legal anymore. But still people are using this techniques. What you think this technique is still effective or not??

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    What do you think? Are you trying to justify it for yourself?

3. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    "Legal"?

The issue is not if guest blogging is legal, that's ridiculous.

The issue is that guest blogging is no longer beneficial for SEO or link-building, and can even bring about google penalties. In Matt Cutts' words from early 2014:

"So stick a fork in it: guest blogging is done; it’s just gotten too spammy."

You can still do it to build your name up in a niche, but don't expect it to help you otherwise.

Note that there are divergent opinions on this, and for some types of websites, such as online magazines, they continue as they did and argue that guest posts are still acceptable.

Like most of what is on the web, it pretty well depends on the quality of the posts. Here is an interesting article that sheds some light on the whole issue (and even takes credit for predicting what was going to happen): Guest Blogging Penalties and the Decay of Links as a Ranking Signal: An Open Letter to Matt Cutts (Part 1)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    What do you think? Are you trying to justify it for yourself?
    I just want to know because there are some blogging site who still accept the guest blog posting while in other hand a webmaster video by matt cutt said different thing. So these two different point mashup and i just want to clear about guest blog posting..

You can still guest post and gain recognition in your niche and gain from the host blogs traffic, but it just won't benefit you as far as search engines are concerned. It still has it's benefits. I think a lot of spamming activity ruined a good thing for a lot of people - but, that is the way of the internet. If legit webmasters find something of value, spammers will eventually ruin it.
    www.gaylabaer.com - @Gayla

8. Thanks From:

We blog for content and the rankings are only relevant to our niches not Search Engines. Most of our traffic is referral from Social media. Therefore our guest bloggers do well by providing relevant, quality contentt for the readership

In the land of Gone with the Wind and the Walking Dead
    From a newbie point of view, this is somewhat a “Darn if you Do; Darn if you Don't” situation.

My current site is a gift directory, sure I use the SEO practices of keywording and meta descriptions, but past that about the only way to juice it is by social media plugging and PPC. Yet, I understood that when I went into it... no big deal.

My next project is a niche blog and this is where the conundrum lays. From what I gather, Google is basically saying that only Organic Links count. Links from guest blogging/posting are out (unless the post is high quality~ do they actually read it?), links from reply signatures are out, and links from directories are out... not only will they not help you, some of these may even hurt your ranking. What to do?

Guest blogging/posting gets your name out there, but it is no gainer for SEO unless your link is picked up and put on someone else's blog or mentioned on a forum. -But- First you have to get enough clout to be invited to guest blog, unless where you are guest posting is fairly open and then you wonder if there is any gain or possible harm to being there.

So, what to do? Why get organic links! How to do that? By getting your name out there! How do you get your name out there.... yeah, you got it.

For sure, good content rules the day but, I can have the talent of Shakespeare dripping from my fingertips and yet it is all for naught if I can't get someone to see it. What am I going to do? I am going to blog away and if I get a chance to guest somewhere, then I am going to do that also. I am going to make the replies I normally do in the replies section of blogs and forums I visit, but with my site link incorporated into my signature after I launch. Pretty much, I am going to do what has been done all along, just not in a spammish nature.

Of course, I am always open to advice and higher learning from those who have climbed these mountains before.

Thank you guys for sharing your views.. I know more about the relative topic.

Quote Originally Posted by pryidevsblog View Post
    As we all know that Google is not consider guest blog posting legal anymore. But still people are using this techniques. What you think this technique is still effective or not??
    Hi

Guest blogging for link building wont be working anymore..Google never said that guest blogging as a whole was a bad thing. They did, however, say that guest blogging using low-quality content and terrible pitches [https://www.mattcutts.com/blog/guest-blogging] should not be relied upon as a viable link building strategy.
    3 SEO Strategies to Leave Behind in 2014 & Alternatives for 2015
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; December 19th, 2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: removed link

Thank you for your advice Phil from the staff at ...
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; January 22nd, 2015 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Cannot plug your company like this

When you guest blog the right way, you’re forced to research and target great blogs. Your content also gets edited, which lets you present your work in the best possible light. Because high-quality blogs don’t turn into spammy link networks, Google won’t penalize your guest post content. Your guest post gets promoted on a great blog, shared on social media, and in front of both new and loyal readers.
    Source: BB101

For me I would like to try guest blogging to build my reputation and traffic from a larger quality (not spammy with low quality content) website in my niche. Even it wont help to boost my Google ranking it sounds like a great marketing idea?

It does not matter that we are doing a number of Guest blogging, the thing matters is that how we do it, are we following the right directions, are we using the unique and quality content, are we providing useful and complete info to the users. If we do Guest blogging in the right way, Google considers definitely.

Anyone else routinely being checked up on by god, or I mean Google? I get weekly emails offering guest post for my site. We don't play that game, even if people want to throw hundreds of dollars per post..

So yeah Guest Blogging is dead to me.

18. Thanks From:

I think Guest blogging gives you more reputation as blogger and also it helps to create brand name as a blogger.
    And obvs It is genuine way of creating backlink.

you should search this keyword in search engine and will find a lot of guest blogging sites, "write to us"!

Since Google is in the business of monetizing its links for itself, and in direct competition with Affiliate Marketers, would it make business sense for Google to give us sound information about how to improve our rankings? Or what to do to avoid 'penalties'? Any information from an official Google source is highly suspect, in my opinion. Where does that leave us? I wish I had an answer to that.

Is guest blogging legal? Guest blogging isn't illegal.

"Okay, I’m calling it: if you’re using guest blogging as a way to gain links in 2014, you should probably stop. Why? Because over time it’s become a more and more spammy practice, and if you’re doing a lot of guest blogging then you’re hanging out with really bad company"

Matt Cutts said that.

If you are going to guest blog for SEO or link building, it is no longer beneficial.

But If you want to get more exposure or build your brand, guest blogging is still beneficial. Neil patel still guest blogs to get more exposure.

Guest blogging is still very effective to get more exposure.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread