Video Spokesperson Needs Affiliate Advice!
    Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to this forum, surprised I hadn't seen it before.

Anyway, I am a full time video spokesperson, I work from my home and I have my own green screen studio, pro HD camera, pro sound, etc. I also have some pretty good editing skills with Adobe Premiere Pro.

I make my full time living from doing video spokesperson jobs on Fiverr and through a handful of private clients. (I am a Fiverr Super Seller) I love what I do, but I have been trying to create money through affiliate marketing solely from my videos for quite a while now. I am not interested in building websites, building lists or search engine SEO. I am trying to make money from posting my videos on YouTube, having visitors go through my affiliate link and make a purchase.

I finally had some success in September, one of my YouTube channels took off, and I combined it with a twitter campaign and had an amazing month. (I wont say how much, because I posted this total on Warrior Forum and I think they thought I was BS'ing)

Anyway, this proved to me that it is possible, but with that - I still have about 7 YouTube channels that haven't done squat. I would love to hear any tips on affiliate marketing solely though YouTube channels from some forum members.
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; November 3rd, 2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Unauthorized link in post

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hello airwolfe. Sorry, had to remove the links, as first time posters aren't allowed to include them. What did you do differently between the one that performed so well and the others? Are you supporting the rest with a twitter campaign as well? Facebook page?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Affiliate links in videos are tough, how are you integrating them?

I agree, videos are tough but so far you've had success with one channel, are you able to scale that up and build a solid business with it?

Thanks for all of your replies. No problem, Jeannine! I didn't know the rules. (Im just south of you - in Castle Rock, Colorado!)

Anyway, I only did the twitter campaign after my initial success and that increased my affiliate sales initially. But now the numbers are dropping quickly, I made half of what I made in September, in October - so something is amiss.

I am actually integrating them buy purchasing domains from NameCheap and then redirecting these domains to affiliate links. That way I am not posting direct affiliate links on YouTube and I can even cloak these links directly through name cheap. Which I am not cloaking right now - I am always afraid with cloaking that somehow it wont credit me with a sale.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    You can definitely run into issues with cloaking. Is that the same thing you are doing with the ones with no sales? It's possible that the network or the merchant refuse to accept traffic coming via that method. There's also the

So, rather than actually selling as a result of a YouTube video, it sounds more like you're acting like a domainer. Where does YouTube come into this then?

Castle Rock, eh? We'll need to meet for coffee sometime!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread