Emailing - Aggressive strategy - Good idea or not?
    Hi,

i am working on our christmas campaign at the moment and i was wondering if choosing an aggressive way in order to promote it, through emailing, would be be a problem or not.

Technically, what i would like to do is a promotion, obviously, and a contest based on "forwarding". So we send the email to our customers, letting them know that the 5 "highest forwarders" will win a product (which cost about 200 euros).

Obviously, people who would get this forwarded email would get information about our brand and our products + if they want to participate to this contest, then they have to sign up.

But i am not so sure, by doing this, that we will get valuable emails. Anyway it's might still be an interesting option in order to promote our brand.

If some of you have tried this, i would be interested to know the results that you got, and eventually, how would gmail (or any other email provider) react to such a campaign.

Thanks
    Last edited by Reelle; November 4th, 2014 at 09:06 PM.

Sounds pretty good to me! If you have a good, clean list then this may work great for you. I know if I receive such an email from a trusted company, I'll definitely be happy to not just participate myself but encourage others as well.

However do ensure that you have a good list before trying this out. It won't really be that effective if you have low deliverability.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Why not offer a discount code if they forward on your email. If you sent me an email saying I would be entered in a contest that only rewarded the Top 5 forwarders then I would delete it. Email marketing when done right has some of the highest conversion rates. Don't waste it on a lame attempt to get more sign-ups.

Ah well, the promotion already includes a discount + free shipping ( that's about 30% discount on different packs that we will create).

The contest is on the top of that, to make customers share the promotion with their friends, get new emails and possibly sell to people who don't know much about us.

Maybe i did not explain it very well

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You can trust that your better customers may provide emails or forward yours but the mass will not. For me I want to get something for passing on. Generally a large prize will interest me and I will forward to 1-2 people.

I don't see something wrong with the idea, and it isn't agressive.
    I just hope that the promotion is irresistible and convincing enough to let the people do the work for you. Let me ask you a question though, is your promotion enticing/inviting enough for you? If yes, then start your email campaign. If not, then think of something (still same promotion) that will really convince them with what you want them to do.

Just a suggestion, if you want to track your campaign and see how it goes you can use Google Analytics URL builder to track who clicks on your email links

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread