traffic (sharing blog posts multiple times on social)
    If i share our blog posts multiple times on social networks can i get more traffic by reaching people in different time zones and sharing our content with people who’ve followed us since we last posted it?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Yes you can but may get penalized by search engines for duplicate content if it is all the same copy.

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Sounds spammy... I'd avoid posting the same content multiple times... would make your stream look horrible to followers as well.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

[QUOTE=brita811;1195346]If i share our blog posts multiple times on social networks can i get more traffic by reaching people in different time zones and sharing our content with people who’ve followed us since we last posted it?[/QUOTE

Can you do that ? Yes
    Should you do that ? NO

If I am the person who has subscribed your page, I'll easily get annoyed by seeing the same content again, and again. Furthermore as chuck said, the Search engines aren't going to be too happy with you either!

It's true that duplicate content doesn't help. What about Press Releases? Syndication of contents is common. How does Google differentiate between such postings?

Matt Cutts, Google's head of the Webspam team, did a good video response to this question about a year ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZY7EmjbMA

8. Thanks From:

Just a tip of advice, if you want to reproduce your content then be creative enough to reproduce it without duplicating.
    First, create a video out of it.
    Second, create a PPT presentation out of it.
    You are not really going to copy the same content but you will make a video/PPT presentation based on your original content. It will take an effort and maybe a bit of your time but I'm sure you will be able to approach audiences from different platforms.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by maherafrasiab View Post
    Yes you can share your post multiple and there is no word of spam for this!!

That's your content and your social profile.. you can post any time and anything which you want. Search engines not make the content spam if you share multiple times.

I have many posts which I share multiple times and These posts are also at top positions in search engines
    Don't your customers get annoyed. How many times do you share them, and what is the interval that you wait before sharing your content again?

Do you folks know who Matt Cutts is? Did you watch his answer to this issue? Posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy Rig View Post
    Do you folks know who Matt Cutts is? Did you watch his answer to this issue? Posted above.
    Don'tcha love it - newbies answering questions of other newbies - frequently with wrong answers.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

13. Thanks From:

That's your content and your social profile.. you can post any time and anything which you want. Search engines not make the content spam if you share multiple times.
    Sounds like a sure way to win, as long as you don't mind starting over every 6 months or so. No thought to how your followers might feel about boring reruns?

You are doing spam already. Posting with same content in multiple times will get you penalized by Google. You must follow the guidelines correctly or else your website will be blocked by search engines.

Quote Originally Posted by andieshire View Post
    You are doing spam already. Posting with same content in multiple times will get you penalized by Google. You must follow the guidelines correctly or else your website will be blocked by search engines.
    Yes, this is very right.
    Now Google is very strict investigation.
    Spam has happend always on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by sampendleton View Post
    Just a tip of advice, if you want to reproduce your content then be creative enough to reproduce it without duplicating.
    First, create a video out of it.
    Second, create a PPT presentation out of it.
    You are not really going to copy the same content but you will make a video/PPT presentation based on your original content. It will take an effort and maybe a bit of your time but I'm sure you will be able to approach audiences from different platforms.

Cheers!
    I've also heard of the idea of creating a power point video of a popular blog post and uploading it to Youtube or Facebook can work well.

Many of my blog posts contain diagrams and images so I do a follow up update using just the image with a comment a day or 2 later and this seems to work well for me in extending the content from one blog post over multiple social media status/tweets etc.

we can post a piece of content and slightly reframe it so we’re not just repeating ourselves.
    also you can try a different head lines , or use different language.

Sure you'll be able to however might get penalized by search engines like google and yahoo for duplicate content material if it's all the identical copy.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread