Good Platform for blogging
    Hey guys,

I'm creating a blog for WordPress development as I am connected with it so do you suggest me the nice platform to create the blog. I mean which is good blogger, wordpress or a blog.

I prefer wordpress. It may be costly, but it gives you far more flexibility then blogger ever will!

Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    How is WordPress costly? Other than a hosting account, it's free?

Bottom line is, you need to own your own domain and have control over the hosting platform you work on, so that your site can't be pulled out from under you or the rules on whether you can post affiliate links or not don't get changed in midstream because your service provider decided they wanted to monetize affiliate links themselves. Add to that the fact that the affiliate networks are starting to build out some pretty awesome tools rolled up in WordPress plugins because of the depth of the WordPress penetration into content publishing and the choice is pretty clear.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

5. Thanks From:

Oh sorry If I wasn't clear. I was talking about the costs of hosting. you know the self-hosted blogs.

Even hosting can be free or low cost.
    Costly is not a word I associate with WordPress.

May not be ideal as some free hosts show their own ads, some put restrictions, etc but there are a ton of options out there.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    You don't want to skimp though... nothing worse than saving money with a cheap plan, but ending up with horrible load times. It's one thing to get started on a budget plan, but if traffic starts taking off, be prepared to bump up to a more robust plan.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

9. Thanks From:

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Blogging helps drive traffic as well as long term results to your website.

16 Blogging Platforms That Won't Distract From Your Writing ~ Mashable - 16 Blogging Platforms That Won't Distract From Your Writing

I created two blogs at the same time, one blogger and other one wordpress.In term of indexing to search engine , My blogger blog got index very earlier then my wordpress blog. I don't know how much difference will it make to you but this really happen to me. one thing I want to add is I find Wordpress much more easier to use then blogger.

Quote Originally Posted by khim View Post
    I created two blogs at the same time, one blogger and other one wordpress.In term of indexing to search engine , My blogger blog got index very earlier then my wordpress blog. I don't know how much difference will it make to you but this really happen to me. one thing I want to add is I find Wordpress much more easier to use then blogger.
    Personally, I'm a fan of Blogger to get going. Wordpress does have some advantages once you've got scale...

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearls.com View Post
    Personally, I'm a fan of Blogger to get going. Wordpress does have some advantages once you've got scale...
    I am not against any of it

choose wordpress, do not hesitate Y(^o^)Y

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post

Bottom line is, you need to own your own domain and have control over the hosting platform you work on, so that your site can't be pulled out from under you or the rules on whether you can post affiliate links or not don't get changed in midstream because your service provider decided they wanted to monetize affiliate links themselves. Add to that the fact that the affiliate networks are starting to build out some pretty awesome tools rolled up in WordPress plugins because of the depth of the WordPress penetration into content publishing and the choice is pretty clear.
    Yes it's essential to have control of your site and not relying on a platform you don't ultimately control. "Own the racecourse not the racehorse!"

Wordpress is easy to customize for blogging or a static site and changing the design with templates is extremely easy.

According to me wordpress is the best as it allows not only simple blogs it also allows you to create fully functional websites and mobile applications.

Quote Originally Posted by pryidevsblog View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm creating a blog for WordPress development as I am connected with it so do you suggest me the nice platform to create the blog. I mean which is good blogger, wordpress or a blog.
    My first thought when reading this is that it would make sense to create a put your blog on Wordpress if you're creating a blog about Wordpress development. It'd show that you actually use the product you're writing about.

yes, I am also using wordpress it is best, I like

I think wordpress and blogspot both are good blogging site

Wordpress is easy to use and also has several plug ins specifically for affiliate marketing. As an affiliate manager, I create banner sizes with Wordpress themes in mind so it will make it easier to integrate. Also networks like Avantlink have great widgets for you create custom creatives that are Wordpress specific
    Stephanie Robbins
    Robbins interactive

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread