I am really a newbie
    Hi All,

I just started my website on wordpress and so far, I've posted 11 blogs in 1 month. I am finding it harder and harder to stay focused working from home. I've been working in an office setting for too long that ideas are really just hard to come by.

Any tips anyone?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hi bucketream, and welcome to ABestWeb.

If you have picked a niche topic that you enjoy and about which you have familiarity and knowledge, then the ideas should come easily. If they do not, then perhaps, at this early stage, you should consider choosing a different niche.

I worked in a profession for almost 30 years where my time was split between my office, significant driving time, and various government buildings and others offices, and when I retired from that and began working form home doing affiliate marketing, it was like a 5,000 pound anvil was lifted off my back.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thank you Affiliate Hound!

Did you ever try working at a cafe or public library? I am not sure if my local public library will allow me to camp. Plus, if I need to make or take phone calls, I will need to step out of the library.

"Cafe" - My wife has many health problems and has frequent medical appointments. My normal routine is to drop her off and find the closest Starbucks, where I get a drink and sit with my laptop and their WiFi. Never any problems, even if I'm there a couple of hours.

Library - I frequent the local library regularly for books that have info I can integrate into articles and posts on my sites. I've never sat there with my laptop doing actual work, but I see other people doing so, so it would not seem to be a problem.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    "Cafe" - My wife has many health problems and has frequent medical appointments. My normal routine is to drop her off and find the closest Starbucks, where I get a drink and sit with my laptop and their WiFi. Never any problems, even if I'm there a couple of hours.

Library - I frequent the local library regularly for books that have info I can integrate into articles and posts on my sites. I've never sat there with my laptop doing actual work, but I see other people doing so, so it would not seem to be a problem.
    Thank you again Phil. Last question. Do you have a home office set up? or have you tried renting a temporary office?

What used to be our den became my office a few years ago.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; November 13th, 2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typo

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Only reason to rent an office is if you have frequent meetings with clients or a joint venture. A home office makes the most sense.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread