Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2014
    Posts
    3
    Newbie: How to find affiliates for our affiliate program
    Hello,

    My name is Bauke from the Netherlands and I'm new to affiliate marketing.

    We created this affiliate program since we like the idea that people in our industry promote our business.

    We don't know how to find the right people to join our affiliate program and start sharing their affiliate links with their audience.

    A few questions:
    1. 1. How would you advice us to find the right people to join our affiliate program?
    2. 2. Is it wise to join an affiliate platform like Clickbank (if you know a better one, please advice)?
    3. 3. When we joint an affiliate platform like Clickbank or Commission Junction, do we need to modify our current affiliate program script to make sure those affiliate platforms can 'get their commissions' when they deliver affiliates for our program? Or how does that work?
    4. 4. We don't like the idea that we post about our affiliate program on the white range of affiliate forums, seems kinda spammy to us. Do you know a better way to get the attention?


    Really hope somebody can help us out here!

    Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; November 11th, 2014 at 09:05 AM.

  2. #2
    Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,988
    Hello Bauke, and welcome to ABW. I had to edit your thread, as it involved recruiting, which is not permitted on the first post. I appreciated that you mentioned spamming forums, which is what this would be considered, but I believe that your intentions were good here. Do read the Rules of the Forum before proceeding. We want to learn about you first before your company.

    As far as recruiting affiliates, spend some time searching the various threads already in existence. That will answer many of your questions and enable you to focus in more specifically on what you truly need.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

  3. #3
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    Hi Bauek, and welcome to ABestWeb.

    Like Jeannine said, the issue of affiliate recruiting has been discussed over and over, and ideas abound through past threads. Also, there is considerable information about various affiliate networks which you should consider. As a general principle, affiliates are more likely to trust and devote resources to promoting merchants who have their programs on one of the top, respected networks.

    Also, while it is spam to slip recruiting material into posts, ABW does offer many different paid advertising opportunities.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2014
    Posts
    3
    Hi JCrooks & Phil,

    I didn't mean to recruite anyone with my post, I just wanted to give enough information so people would be able to understand everything better. If that was in line with the guidelines, sorry and thanks for removing those parts!

    Before I published the post, I browsered a few hours through the forum but I found so much information that I'd think creating an own post would be the best option so experienced people could help me with my specific problem.

    I'll start browsering the forum again

    Thanks!


    Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Hello Bauke, and welcome to ABW. I had to edit your thread, as it involved recruiting, which is not permitted on the first post. I appreciated that you mentioned spamming forums, which is what this would be considered, but I believe that your intentions were good here. Do read the Rules of the Forum before proceeding. We want to learn about you first before your company.

    As far as recruiting affiliates, spend some time searching the various threads already in existence. That will answer many of your questions and enable you to focus in more specifically on what you truly need.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Hi Bauek, and welcome to ABestWeb.

    Like Jeannine said, the issue of affiliate recruiting has been discussed over and over, and ideas abound through past threads. Also, there is considerable information about various affiliate networks which you should consider. As a general principle, affiliates are more likely to trust and devote resources to promoting merchants who have their programs on one of the top, respected networks.

    Also, while it is spam to slip recruiting material into posts, ABW does offer many different paid advertising opportunities.

  5. #5
    Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    1,305
    My advice would be to find out where your audience is, then look to partner proactively with those sites/communities/blogs/social media groups.

    Partnering with a trusted platform to handle tracking a payment makes sense, especially if you're new to the space. Which you partner with depends largely on what you sell. If you're selling digital product like ebooks, ClickBank can be great. If you're selling physical products, I'd take a look at who competitors are working with in the geographical markets you're targeting.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2014
    Posts
    3
    Allright, thats great advice! Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    My advice would be to find out where your audience is, then look to partner proactively with those sites/communities/blogs/social media groups.

    Partnering with a trusted platform to handle tracking a payment makes sense, especially if you're new to the space. Which you partner with depends largely on what you sell. If you're selling digital product like ebooks, ClickBank can be great. If you're selling physical products, I'd take a look at who competitors are working with in the geographical markets you're targeting.

  7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 21st, 2014, 03:07 PM
  2. i have a high commission paying program now how can i find the affiliates to promote
    By newbie8100 in forum Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&A
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 5th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •