Hit Counters & Website Analytics
    Hi,
    I am having a few issues with hit counter:
    1. How can I get the online hit counter?
    2. How to track the number of uniques or individual visits to my web pages?
    3.How to describe my website traffic.
    don't know how to do it. ? If anyone know about this please help me.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Google Analytics is free. Don't put a hit counter on your site, looks lame.

Affiliate Manager
    I second Chuck's answers. Google Analytics is good; I also use Jetpack Site Stats, a WP plugin. It gives me a quick snapshot to view my visits without having to load up Analytics.

Definitely no hit counter on the site itself, especially if you're new. If you visit a site that only has had 50, 100, or even 1000 hits, would you take it seriously? Why advertise to the world whether or not your site is being visited. Even if it displayed 50,000 visits, it's still useless information to the viewer and looks cheap.

As previously said , avoid putting a hit counter , it makes the site look very unprofessional . The Viewers do not care how many people came to the site.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by alone9x View Post
    i can't creat a count hit count. Help me !
    there's a fairly good one at statcounter.com. it can't be seen by your visitors.

Thanks to everyone for your valuable replies. I have tried some software but I found that Google is having lot of significant data problems. For alternative I also tried goStats & piwik & I found that goStats is best option as they provide free analytics & hit counter but piwik software is too costly. What are your opinions about that? Please suggest me.

What data problems? What kind of data do you need to obtain about your traffic?
    If it's just a simple counter, Google is more than enough.

Data problems with google analytics means whatever customers are coming to your website are retargeted by google ads and they are distracted away from your website to competitors.

I second Statcounter, much more user friendly than GA if you ask me. I've been with them for over 10 years. I even volunteer my time as a moderator on their forum.

Thanks for your quick reply. I will try Statcounter. Have you heard about goStats? One of my friend suggested be goStats I tired that & found good results. What are your opinions about that?

Google analytics is a terrible answer! Over the last few years it has been revealed that they abuse your data by stealing the value in your data. That is actually their business model. So in short if you want to slow kill your business then by all means keep google installed in your site. :P and it's 2014 already! are you still stuck using google analytics and haven't moved away yet?. As mentioned above statcounter is an option, but they have some pretty serious issues as well (problems with data, and they also sell your data through their marketshare program).
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; December 1st, 2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Unauthorized promotional post

Thanks for your reply JCrooks. Have you tried goStats? I have heard lot about them that they are providing free analytics and hit counter. What are your thoughts about that? Please let me know.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread