Is this considered as valid affiliate sale?
    Hello,

This is my second post here and I am learning abc of affiliate marketing at this stage, so excuse me if this is stupid question.

As my first product, I have picked up flex belt product. Today, I noticed that, on official site of flex belt (https://secure.flexbelt.ca/order/?w=flexbelt.ca&flid=&, if you enter order details and try to close the page, it gives 25% discount and redirects you to another link.

Say, I have embedded flex belt affiliate link in my site. Someone visits my site, clicks on affiliate link and then gets 25% discount offer popup and place an order from that link. Is it still considered as valid affiliate sale and I will be paid for this sale?

Logically, it seems like valid affiliate sale but as I have just started here, like to validate this.

Thanks!
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; November 14th, 2014 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Unlinked

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    It may depend on how they are implementing the 25% discount offer. There are companies which offer this service as a way of closing a sale that was about to disappear, but if they are successful, they get credit for the sale rather than the original affiliate. Other merchants have their own in-house pop-up offering the deal and still pay the affiliate commission. So the answer to your question is ... it depends.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Ask the affiliate manager for an official answer. If the answer is yes, it does qualify as an affiliate sale, then if possible do a test purchase.

Thanks Jeannine and Sam. In this case, official website of flex belt offers 25% discount popup when user is about to leave the site.

I will surely ask affiliate manager for the answer and confirm with test sale as appropriate.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread