I gotta ask just being honest..what am I doing wrong
    So I recently started a pay per call program with what we're told is a good payout structure through a reputable venue and even though we have 30+ affiliates with more to apply we're basically getting nothing. I'm coming here to you gurus for advice..am I expecting too much out of my first week..is this normal HELP!!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Fair question.

However, really not enough information (understandable without self-promoting). A week is not enough time to gauge performance.

Better question to ask yourself may be:

What is everyone else doing better?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Yea I understand it's hard to be descriptive I don't want this to turn into self promotion but from what we're being told by our program we're offering competitive payout and we have provided creatives. Also how do I PM members?.I wanted to send you a message regarding whats on your signature.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    You don't have enough posts to PM. It takes some participation in the forum to get that ability added.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

I guess i'll go chill in the water cooler place for a bit lol

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    A couple of points to share here to help you set expectations:

1. You are brand new. No one knows you yet. It will take time for them to find you, to hear good feedback about you, to build a good reputation, etc. Affiliate marketing is one of those things which take time to grow, but it's worth the wait.

2. Pay Per Call - Not everyone is comfortable with that scenario. Doesn't mean it's bad, just means it's different, so affiliates need to decide if this will work with their traffic.

3. Holidays approaching fast - most affiliates are working day and night to get their sites ready for the holidays. This means loading banners and offers from their existing merchants, testing pages, and then locking down until after the holidays so they won't risk anything breaking at the time of year when they make the most money. It's a tough time to launch a new program.

You're not doing anything wrong, just a lot of factors you need to take into consideration. Patience is required. Don't beat yourself up about it. You've put good things in place, now most of it is out of your hands.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

7. Thanks From:

Thank you for the response

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    3. Holidays approaching fast - most affiliates are working day and night to get their sites ready for the holidays. This means loading banners and offers from their existing merchants, testing pages, and then locking down until after the holidays so they won't risk anything breaking at the time of year when they make the most money. It's a tough time to launch a new program.
    For me this is the big one. There is no way in the world I am trying an unknown at this time of the year. It's make hay while the sun shines time, if it ain't broke don't fix it and many other old adages.

I suggest you do a re-launch after Christmas, people will be more willing to try new things and hopefully feeling good about AM after the Christmas boost.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread