A Newbie with questions
    Hello everyone I'm new to this site. I'm looking to get started and make my Affiliates website but having trouble. Is there a site the offers templates w/ (cms) email member sign-in or do i have to contact a designer? My vision is to make a review/blog website.

I'm a 35 year old car sales consultant that looking to go back to school and change career.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Spend time reading through the forum. You'll see lots of discussions about sites, best practices, etc. After you read those, then you'll have a much better sense of what you need and want based on the type of blog you want to create.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Sincere View Post
    Is there a site the offers templates w/ (cms) email member sign-in or do i have to contact a designer? My vision is to make a review/blog website.
    Are you looking for something like this?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-sign-up/

A Google search will provide more options
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

A good start for what you are wanting to do is wordpress like wordpress.com . There is also wordpress.org but if you are new, I would recommend the first one. As you get more experienced and familiar with the platform, you can move to wordpress.org.

Phil Kaufman shared this on another post, which was excellent advice:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Good explanation from Jeannine, but let me add a couple of things:

1. Another key reason to use only Wordpress.org and NOT wordpress.com is that the hosted .com platform PROHIBITS affiliate links. Remember that.

2. You can adjust your Wordpress settings to have a Page and not a blog as your home page, and you can use regular pages just like on other platforms, and you can have a blog or not along with those pages.
    Dave Taylor and I ran the Front Range Bloggers Meetup, and we always recommended .org so that you own your site, not someone else.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    check out The Extra Money Answer - Make Money Online with Affiliate Marketing from Shawn Collins. It's got really good practical advice on how to go about setting up a self hosted WordPress affiliate marketing platform. It's very practical as well and cheap/free
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Is that still current, Wade? Shawn up that up 4 years ago. Didn't know if he'd updated it or not.

If you plan on going the self-hosted route, all you need to do is activate plugins such as Digital Access Pass or Wishlist Member to accomplish an email membership. These plugins allow you to run a membership site if this is what you are wanting to do. Can you clarify what you want to do as far as membership and review blog?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread