It is getting annoying to no end. Everday I have 4-10 .netfirm extension sites apply to my program and I guarentee that all of them are fraudulent. Now they apply using a http://sitename.com domain and if they get in turn into a .netfirm extension site. It is really hard to police them all and eventually one slips in, then I have to wait a week to get them out of my system because I never get my questions/reports answered. Don't you review publisher applications?

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    FreeDebtConsolidation.com
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com
    $7.5 Million paid to affiliates last year
    Highest Converting app on the Net!
    Private Forum at ABW

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    What does the .netfirm domains do that violates the ethics of Affiliate marketing? Are they just some sleezebag affiliate quick buck artist using redirects or spoofing trademarks in the URLs?? Are they one of the BHO search bar group of wanks who would eat their young to get a driveby hidden install script at Yahoo.netfirm ??

How can we respond if you don't explain what this obvious group of abusive affiliates does to pull a con-job on merchants that requires some network intervention. Of couse I always respond with my foot in mouth befure uttering the first word.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I think it's just that netfirms offers free webhosting so it attracts the get-rich-quick spam types. However, I know of netfirm sites that have affiliate links on them and they are totally above-board and profitable.

99% of the netfirm sites that apply to my program have some horrible background color and then two boxes in the middle that have affiliate links. If they get in they have 100% or close to 100% conversions which is umm atypical =) In the past, one of these sites has entered someones information unknowingly. The IP address was from Lithuania =)

I do find some netfirm sites that have content on them, but because of the history I have with netfirms in CJ I hesitate to approve them. This has been my experience through CJ I am sure that there are netfirm sites out there that are 100% legit, its just most of the ones I see aren't.

I'm not asking CJ to exclude .netfirm sites from it's program, just to police for fraud a little better. I guess all programs like CJ though have this problem so in reality I'm not expecting anything, just ranting =)

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    FreeDebtConsolidation.com
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com
    $7.5 Million paid to affiliates last year
    Highest Converting app on the Net!
    Private Forum at ABW

15 years and counting
    I've found a lot of copies of my wesites on Netfirm. Most of the affiliates doing that are from Indonesia and India. They are just replacing my affiliate ID with theirs. I've been complaining with CJ. Guess what, they said there's nothing they can do. (They even said, they don't know which one is a copy of the others!!!) CJ is making money out of stolen websites. What a shame!
    I had a perfect cooperation from Netfirm. They were able to remove in no time all the offenders. The bad part is that some of these affiliates are now hosting their copies with Indonesian hosts and there's not much I can do.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread