General Question - A Little insight please help?
    Hi guys. I'v just got myself a laptop and joined the forum's

i'v been looking for a way to send out email ad' with links in.

Previously i have used several websites that allow you to send out a few ads just for signing up with the option to buy credits or earn them

but i can't remember what they are call'ed i tried free mailing lists in google but didn't find much help. if anyone has a list of sites like these that would be great

if anyone has any tips for me that would be great
    Thanks Jack
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; November 28th, 2014 at 06:21 PM.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hi Jack, sorry had to edit out your URL as you are too new to post something like that.

A couple of things I wanted to share.
    1. Switch to Wordpress.org, buy your own URL and host it through a hosting company. That's the only way you can ensure you will always own your content and domain.
    2. Don't even consider using free lists to send out emails. That will violate the CAN-SPAM act. Merchants wouldn't want to work with you. You'll need to find a valid way to build your own email list, double opt-in, where the folks on the list have agreed to recieve emails from you. I dare say that any quality merchant would remove you from their program and withhold all commissions if they found out you grabbed a free list and used it to promote their products.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Oh ok i didn't know that
    I did a trial of a program called xxxxxxxx about a year ago and that was in the first week of training
    Thank you for that ill edit my post

I was planning on hiding my site away for a week or so while i build it out but i will find some cheap hosting now so that i can start out right and save myself a bigger job later down the line moving content over to a new place

Do you use landing pages/squeeze pages?
    The last thing i promoted i was given pre-made banners and squeeze pages and now starting from scratch i have only gotten this far:
    xxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; November 28th, 2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Unauthorized promotional post

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    As I mentioned in your other post, that methodology isn't something you'll find employed here by the vast majority of affiliates. Most build quality sites with quality content that offers value to their visitors, whether by providing information about a topic or making it easy to find and compare similiar products, etc. Squeeze pages are not usually part of those types of sites. Squeeze pages are also frowned upon by the search engines, whcih prefer a full site rather than one endless page.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hi Jack, and welcome to ABestWeb

It sounds like you paid for some get-rich-quick scheme that gave you a laundry list of every black-hat, discredited, and sometimes illegal "sure-fire" methods to fast money.

My advice is to forget EVERYTHING they told you, re-read what Jeannine has written, then spend about two days reading through ABW, then you can get started the right way.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

6. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    What Phil said.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread