Have a Website, but BRAND NEW AT AFFILIATE MARKETING
    Hello,
    I'm COMPLETELY a newbie at online/internet marketing, and affiliate marketing. I created a website in the dating niche and I'm willing to take the action to learn about how this works and how to take the proper strategic measures in marketing the right way.

Forgive me if my statements sound dumb!
    SEOs
    - still learning about this and not sure how this works ( i know it has to do with keywords and google rankings (which changes all the time)

- how are SEOs created (is this through content creation such as articles, videos, etc.?)

Affiliate Marketing -
    - I'm creating an Affiliate Program for my site to provide affiliates tools for them to market
    I've checked out other affiliate programs and basically it looks like they provide banner advertisements, product wrappers, and what else exactly?

- How do affiliate marketers use these tools also? (i know very dumb)
    - How can I use tools from affiliate marketers to market their products? (don't have much of a list)
    - What are the specific tools that I should provide affiliates?

Any beginners guide or tools would be most helpful!

manny

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    You have lots of great questions, quite appropriate for starting a program, but pretty broad to answer in a single thread. Spend some time wandering through the threads here on ABW - you should find some that talk about just about everything on your list. It's like a free education. Then, after that, you'll have more specific questions you can ask.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I posted in your intro thread before seeing this thread. Check what I said there, and read, read, read, as Jeannine suggested, and you will find answers to many of the broad questions you've asked.

I was puzzled by this question, though, considering your pretty good grasp of the industry:

"How can I use tools from affiliate marketers to market their products"

You don't. Merchant and networks and 3rd party providers supply the tools for affiliates. The affiliates market the merchants' product, merchants do not market affiliates' products.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Happy Friday! And Thank you for your reply Phil.

It has been an interesting journey with a lot of hurdles in the way! Based on my question, I am on an extremely TIGHT BUDGET for advertising which is why I'd like to learn both sides of the coin. I want to know the basic structure on how affiliates move forward and market other people's products, as I would like to do the same in the dating niche and make commission off of that to help add to my advertising budget.

So my main question is, is there a proper structure on how affiliates move forward and market products, especially for beginners? Do they take banner advertisements, product wrappers and then create content in order to promote it? I could be jumping ahead, but I sometimes do have a habit of over-complicating new ideas and concepts...but once I understand it, I go full-force action.

Thank you for the OPM - I will definitely reach out to the experts about building a proper affiliate program. I do have a designer from Eastern Europe creating the design with a similar structure to other affiliate programs. He is also helping me with banner ads and product wrapper...looks beautiful so far!

Thanks and Regards,
    Manny

Quote Originally Posted by Manny_Blake View Post
    Happy Friday! And Thank you for your reply Phil.

It has been an interesting journey with a lot of hurdles in the way! Based on my question, I am on an extremely TIGHT BUDGET for advertising which is why I'd like to learn both sides of the coin. I want to know the basic structure on how affiliates move forward and market other people's products, as I would like to do the same in the dating niche and make commission off of that to help add to my advertising budget.

So my main question is, is there a proper structure on how affiliates move forward and market products, especially for beginners? Do they take banner advertisements, product wrappers and then create content in order to promote it? I could be jumping ahead, but I sometimes do have a habit of over-complicating new ideas and concepts...but once I understand it, I go full-force action.

Thank you for the OPM - I will definitely reach out to the experts about building a proper affiliate program. I do have a designer from Eastern Europe creating the design with a similar structure to other affiliate programs. He is also helping me with banner ads and product wrapper...looks beautiful so far!

Thanks and Regards,
    Manny
    Manny, I'm new to this affiliate/merchant relationships. Have you found new answers to your questions? What design are other affiliate programs?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    There is no template, no matter how many people try to sell you one. What works for one affiliate may or may not work for another.

You also need to understand that affiliate marketing doesn't start generating revenue right away. A good program can take months to gain traction, while the owners and the affiliates experiment with the best way to promote something. If you budget is so tight, you may not be ready to try this right now.
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; January 7th, 2015 at 08:58 AM.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

7. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Is your site doing sales/sign ups without affiliate marketing? If not, hold off until you are. Dating is an extremely mature niche with some big company competitors and if you're not hyper-niched out with great technology, you are likely wasting time and money.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Hey Manny,
    Are you currently with any network?

Happy new year Wristband Nation,
    I'm also new at this too. I have created an affiliate program with plenty of banner ads, but right now I'm on the verge of making content.
    I'm not advertising heavily for affiliates yet because my product has not really converted yet and I need to test it first to see.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    Is your site doing sales/sign ups without affiliate marketing? If not, hold off until you are. Dating is an extremely mature niche with some big company competitors and if you're not hyper-niched out with great technology, you are likely wasting time and money.
    Hey AffiliateWarrior - My site does have an affiliate program now, and believe me I know the dating niche is extremely difficult and super competitive. I even have a coach who has stated the same thing. What I may do now instead is create free value by creating a short e-book, giving it away for free in exchange for email, making a lot of content, and promoting offers and upselling coaching.

Now I have to learn a lot about affiliate marketing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquece88 View Post
    Hey Manny,
    Are you currently with any network?
    Hello Marquece,
    Yes, I have added my product to Clickbank and JVZoo....so far
    Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny_Blake View Post
    Happy new year Wristband Nation,
    I'm also new at this too. I have created an affiliate program with plenty of banner ads, but right now I'm on the verge of making content.
    I'm not advertising heavily for affiliates yet because my product has not really converted yet and I need to test it first to see.
    Awesome! I've been reading up and listening to podcasts on affiliates and how to market.

Since you are selling a product, you should check out Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income. The information and resources he provides is phenomenal.

Good luck.

14. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by WristbandNation View Post
    Awesome! I've been reading up and listening to podcasts on affiliates and how to market.

Since you are selling a product, you should check out Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income. The information and resources he provides is phenomenal.

Good luck.
    Thanks for that Wristband. I def will check it out.
    I'm still in the process of learning, but 1 thing I do know is you can check out Clickbank because they have a bunch of products that convert (you can check out stats on the product). Find the niche and promote the products to make a solid commission.

Manny

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread