Spam
    My website is hardly even live yet - still very much a WIP, haven't started promoting nor hooking up any links... and I'm starting to get daily spam comments.

Is this something affiliate marketers have to deal with daily, or is there something I need to learn?

As I'm writing this, I'm realizing that's what captcha (or however you spell that) is all about, isn't it... hmmm...

Help? Is there a plugin or something I need to know about? I'm averaging 6 spam comments a day, and I just put this thing up.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Yup, that happens to all of us. If you are using Wordpress, Akismet is a pretty great plug-in to prevent that. Some still get through, but they are mostly manageable. You'd be amazed at the number of spam attempts on ABW too!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

3. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Start learning about what can be done in .htaccess and geo-targeting. Learn who is spamming you and how.

Target the spammers...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I use Askimet and have blocked 30-40 spam comments daily. Only two have gotten through. I also put a captcha on my contact page. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Hooked up askimet and it's working wonderfully .

7. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Really glad to hear that!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread