How do you collect emails?
    I do not currently collect reader's emails. *GASP* I know. However I've only just started and am working on getting the hang of other things first.

I have looked around, though and can see that what I would like is to be able to send an email to all subscribers every night with a recap of all the day's blog posts.

I don't have time to manually create an email every night, so I'm assuming I have to pay for this. But is there perhaps an app/plugin that I could get that I do not have to pay for? I used Wordpress if that makes a lick of difference.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I'd take a look at aWeber or MailChimp - both offer great list management tools (including subscription forms) and are good with maintaining good deliverability rates and both are really reasonably priced. Both also have tools where you can do things like push blog posts that go live over a certain period of time into email newsletters to your audience, and allow you to set up autoresponder campaigns to send a series of emails that you can write in advance.

On beginner level volume, you can get in for less than $20 per month and the money is worth it for the tools and reporting provided.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Thank you for the recommendations! I had looked at those for a brief moment the other day, but since I didn't really know what I needed I didn't dig much further. Bookmarked them both!

Both are good ones... aWeber has been used heavily in the affiliate industry for a long time. MailChimp is more recent on the scene but has a really good product. They have had some "not so friendly to affiliate marketers" terms in their Agreement in the past, so make sure you read up and make sure you can do what you want with them. I use it for communications with my internal affiliates and love it, but I don't push out actual offers as an affiliate with it.

5. Thanks From:

I can concur with the comments about MailChimp. I've started using it more these past few months and though a bit 'clunky' to figure out at first, I've finally gotten the hang of it and regularly schedule campaigns with it. Highly recommended. -joe

7. Thanks From:

I actually found it easier to pick up than aWeber myself. Both are really solid products though.

9. Thanks From:

Well it appears that for what I want to do, I would still clear the terms in Mailchimp. I guess tonight's homework is to really read through them all. Hoping to make a decision by morning.

Thanks!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread