Talking Quick and dirty facts and figures
    Hi, I'm in a bit of a pinch. I'm completing an assignment for my MBA, doing a business plan on a website idea I've had. The assignment's due tomorrow and I've really struggled to get info. It's either general statements with no figures or it's a pitch to get you to buy the book, which probably doesn't go into anything more than what the website says.

I'm really short on time, so can I please ask that someone spares a few minutes to answer the questions below?:

1. What lead-in time can I expect before I start making money off a site? I know this is a bit of a subjective question, but a rough number would be just fine. I really have no idea how long it takes for sites to generally get up and running.

2. What commission can I expect on general merchandise. My intended market is the motorcycle market. I've seen anything from 5 to 25%, so is this what I can go with?

3. What kind of revenue can I expect? Again, this is like question 1, but I'd really appreciate a general answer if that's all you can provide.

4. What books can I read, which would give me dependable stats and revenue figures? Is there anything I can quickly get off Amazon? You guys would probably know better than me, but everything I've found so far looks a bit dodgy.

Thanks in advance.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Generalizations are all you can hope to receive - no one will share such personal info publicly

1. For most sites, never. For others, anywhere from several months, to never. "Up and running" and making a profit are two very different things. "Up and running" can be done in a few hours, to several months or longer. One in a million can make a profit from the get go, though as I said, most never will.

2. Depends on the type of product and many other factors, but most consumer products today seem to be in the 1% to 7% range. The consistent trend for several years has been one of reduced commission rates. Three years ago instead of 1-7% I would have said 5% to 12%.

3. Private info that is not shared.

4. None that are legitimate.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

3. Thanks From:

Thanks for the reply. Yip, it does sound like I'm in for a tough one.

Thanks for the info you were able to share. At least that'll get me one step closer to putting some numbers together.

I'm finding it truly difficult to get any figures on online stores. Papers and books on conventional stores are abound, but nothing useful on online stores. It's crazy. It's such a large part of our lives, but seems to be neglected in terms of formal literature.

Thanks again.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by MierMoto View Post
    Hi, I'm in a bit of a pinch. I'm completing an assignment for my MBA, doing a business plan on a website idea I've had. The assignment's due tomorrow and I've really struggled to get info. It's either general statements with no figures or it's a pitch to get you to buy the book, which probably doesn't go into anything more than what the website says.

I'm really short on time, so can I please ask that someone spares a few minutes to answer the questions below?:
    ------------------

Sorry, but if you're short on time, come back when you have time for this business trade...

------------------

1. What lead-in time can I expect before I start making money off a site?
    From 10 minutes to ten years...

2. What commission can I expect on general merchandise.
    On general merchandise? - Anywhere from .01% to 80%, it all depends on the product and the merchant...

My intended market is the motorcycle market. I've seen anything from 5 to 25%, so is this what I can go with?
    I don't know but...

Since you like the motorcycle market and you like to make money fast, try to promote the Easy Rider (Old) movie... You might get lucky...

3. What kind of revenue can I expect? Again, this is like question 1, but I'd really appreciate a general answer if that's all you can provide.
    If you can really handle the truth, here it goes..

If you have enough money to give to goocash to burn, you may get lucky and get rich sooner, otherwise, get in the Fk line... and wait your turn...
    4. What books can I read, which would give me dependable stats and revenue figures?
    1 - Think and (think that by reading this book you'll) get rich!
    2 - Alice in wonderland.
    3 - Saint nick is comming to town.
    4 - A link to MierMoto.com on ABW will get me there faster...

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread