How to find the right affiliate networks for my products
    Hi everyone, I’m new to affiliate marketing I’m having trouble finding the right network for my needs. A couple of beginner questions…

Are there any legit affiliate networks for merchants that don’t require a large startup fee? I looked at several sites as CJ, linkshare, clickbank, shareasale, etc… From what I can gather they all charge at least a $500 startup fee. Both of my clients are on the small side and are not going to want to invest that much upfront. Are there other alternatives with maybe a higher commission, but little to no upfront costs?

To put things into perspective here are the sites I want to use affiliates with:

1) agratefulnation.us
    Small niche site with only 4 products. They sell framed pictures of war memorials sites customized with the veterans name.

2) breslovcentre.com
    A Judaica Retail store with an opencart e-commerce website. They have almost 2000+ sku’s. Many of the products come from smaller vendors in Israel. They stock everything on the website and it’s available for immediate delivery.

I would love any input or recommendations for finding the right affiliate partners for these type of items.

Thanks,

Aaron
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; December 19th, 2014 at 10:46 AM.

If you can't afford the legit networks, affiliate marketing will never give you the ROI you are looking for.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Thanks Greg.
    Are there any affiliate networks that just charge commission on sale?

If not is the only inexpensive alternative then to set up an affiliate program on my site and post listings to try and get people to sign up.

If they are, they aren't on the legit list...
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Do you have much history on your program? If you do set up an in-house program, you'll need to have some amazing numbers before any solid affiliates will work with you. Many prefer working through networks, where they know a merchant has been vetted to confirm the tracking pixel works, they are financially viable, etc. It is much more work for affiliates to belong to a huge number of individual programs, because that's a lot of tracking to do, whereas with a network they can log into one place and see the stats on a bunch of programs simultaneously. Conversely, on most networks, the affiliates have been vetted as well, making you as the merchant protected too. Those monthly fees aren't just for fun - you receive a lot of value for the amount paid, including services you'd never be able to do on your own.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Thanks Jeannine.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Aaron, I think ShareASale would do great on the Breslov site and you'd be able to recoup relatively quickly with the right partner relationships.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

As Greg mentioned above - if you're not ready to invest at least at the ShareASale level, you'e not really ready for affiliate marketing. Before you even consider launching an affiliate program, the site(s) need to be selling on their own with SEO or PPC or Social traffic and you need to have a couple of months of history in terms of conversion rate and average order value and at least $650 (SAS network sign up + 100 in commission deposit) in the bank to invest in the affiliate channel. I'd also look into doing some preliminary research for the content sites/social pages and even coupon/deal pages that seem to work with related merchants that you want to reach out to immediately on launch. If you want to get off the ground quicker, consider firing up coupon codes for the top 5-6 coupon deal sites you can find.

Looking at the two sites, the Judaica site is much more ready for prime time. Having more products means more chances to connect with a shopper and this is an interesting niche, especially if you are selling cool handmade merchandise with a story. The story and product on the other site is cool, and I think that it could work out for you as well with some niche recruiting. I'd check into site performance as the Breslov site seems to be really crawling when I click a link - slow loads will kill you SEO wise and sell-through wise.

9. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Aaron tried to buy from breslovcentre.com and getting errors in your cart!! I got the order through after several attempts and got the email receipt.

Definitely need to give the hosting situation some love. Painfully slow. More important to fix this immediately than think much about affiliate marketing until it's fixed.

I think, you should start with clickbank, because in first you have to invest $500, but later you can grab the best ROI from clickbank.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Clickbank really doesn't work for any product without a success record. You'll find other threads on here bemoaning how hard merchants have worked to promote a program on CB only to be completely ignored by affiliates. They also focus on digital download-type products; physical products definitely won't work on there.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread