Thread: Nothing against Trent, but...

Nothing against Trent, but...
    ...I don't care to see Commission Factory announcements when I log in. I do not market in Australia and none of the "offers" that are posted in this forum have any interest for me. Why can't I "ignore" posts for Commission Factory?

There is zero engagement - no marketing discussions or industry news - not even one response since the "welcome" thread. It is nothing more that a list of announcements. That is a shame - but, with nothing of interest (for me) I don't need to see it. Sorry.

So, here's the problem: When I tried to put Trent_CommFac on my ignore list I get the following error message.
    Sorry Trent_CommFac is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.
    What's up with that?

Sorry, Trent, nothing personal - but I just don't market what you are listing. I am not singling you out. In fact, there are several other "zero engagement" subforums that I also want to ignore. (Even run by experienced people who should know better.)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

2. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I'll send this to the tech people to see what can be done.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    I'll send this to the tech people to see what can be done.
    Thanks, Phil. I am trying to "streamline" my online experience, not just here, but everywhere. I'm consolidating and/or deleting sites, getting rid of "deadwood" merchants and eliminating other non-productive "time-wasters." There are a couple other subforums here that post an endless stream of announcements - with zero engagement - that I no longer wish to see.

Somehow I'm thinking it's not just me.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I asked this question a few month's back for the same reason (not this network though) and they came back to me stated that these post are created by a Mod (since they the Moderator of their sub forum) and you can not ignore a Mod even if you try really hard
    Last edited by kse; December 18th, 2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling...
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

6. Newsletter Signup