I was checking the site out tonight and noticed on the top of the pages, when you go into the categories and such they have "sponsored links" at the top of the page. Right here they have half.com and Amazon:
    http://www.catalogcity.com/cc.class/...-28686&ccsyn=1

Anyone else noticed this?

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

quote:
    Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    Anyone else noticed this?
    No, I hadn't. I mostly use(d) them when I just wanted to add a particular individual product "quick and dirty" before deciding on whether to cover that area with more breadth. I notice that the links don't show on the affiliate click-thru, but any subsequent movement through the site does bring them up.

They're history for me then, I don't send them traffic so they can profit on it with their own affiliate links cutting out the referrer. Thanks for bringing it up.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    What's new about CatelogCity's sleeze moves? For years now they take the network datafeeds and populate 100 Yahoo Stores with their own affiliate coded links. They are a DUPER ...not a merchant by any means.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Intresting, well I have a lot sale with catalogcity, They have very huge collection of of products. I promote their individual products only. They pay very small commission, but they have nice sales.
    No doubt I have to see face two month's EXTENDED payment indication, but my site don't find its related products anywhere else.

Kamaluddin Panhwar
    Commission is good comming from only sales and will live long.

In defence of CC, they have a massive product range all available through CJ. Some of the merchants that they use on other networks don't have product links available to affiliates, so CC do all the hard work.

They're great for filling in product lines, or for a new site which may not be worth operating outside of CJ. Reversals are rare, and although the commission rate isn't so good, it's actually better than some.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.

I read an article where Amazon has pumped 5 million dollars into Catalog City. It seems all the major networks want a piece of the mail order business. The mail order industry is huge $$$$.

Where Do You Want To Be Tomorrow?

quote:
    Originally posted by mailman:
    I read an article where Amazon has pumped 5 million dollars into Catalog City.
    Ah, that explains why CC thinks it's acceptable to run their own promo's on the affiliate traffic then - just as Amazon promotes "in-store" pick-up at their Borders subsidiary, which, when selected by the consumer, eliminates the affiliate commission.

ABW Ambassador
    I notice Catalog City will sell individual items for the same price as the actual merchant offering that item.

I then notice Catalog City's little EPC, while the merchant itself (in CJ) offering the item has a much better EPC. So what link will I use? Not a hard decision.

But CC has alot of merchants not in CJ? Some that I'd love to see in CJ? Ok, then why send my visitors to CC and further make those merchants content...without a need for CJ?

Oh, yea, and never promote a merchant with affiliate links (especially on the top) of their site.

Notice also CC floods Froogle. Don't help these bozos grow...please, for the sake of all of us.

ABW Ambassador
    CC is showing Google Adwords within it own search results (only if the user use the search box).

If I want 1 thing for CJ that thing is that CC do not leave CJ. No merchant could fit in that big hole...

Fer

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread