Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Are there any popular fashion bloggers on shareasale ?
    We joined shareasale recently but looks like there are only coupon (scam) sites. Let us now if there are any fashion bloggers

Moderator Note: removed signature!
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; December 28th, 2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Signature Rule Violation

was going to take time off because i\m tired of drive by newbies with no clue and was getting cranky.
    instead, got sick, have been stuck in bed and feel like crap meaning i may even be crankier
    log in this morning and see nothing but spamming newbies and now this post. insulting shareasale, insulting coupon affiliates and insulting the board by rather than buying a very affordable ad, try and recruit for free while doing the above.
    don't even bother introducing yourself to the community first.
    well played.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

we alredy paid $600 for shareasale account setup

So here is what was happening:

1. Someone comes to lamaniajewelry.com and finds a product they want to buy.
    2. They add the product to cart and start to checkout.
    3. At checkout, they notice a “Discount Code” field.
    4. They open a new tab and Google search for “lamania jewelry Discount Code.”
    5. They click around the various affiliates who claim to have a “lamania Discount Code.”
    6. When they visit the affiliates, they drop a cookie and tag the user as coming from that site.
    7. They fail to find a discount code that works and come back to lamaniajewelry. and finish their checkout.
    8. Because the affiliate tagged the user, their reporting system claims that they referred the sale.

so yes - i am a newbie but i am not stupid

1. Introductions are a beautiful thing
    i am a newbie
    yep ... see above
    i am not stupid
    not once did i say you were. spamming, yes. new yes.The bit about clueless was not directed at you, if you read the whole bit s o again never said you were.
    we alredy paid $600 for shareasale account setup
    that is not paying for a recruiting ad here which is what I commented on so this is irrelevant to my post.
    5. If you want to recruit here without "joining" the coomunity them go here: advertise
    So here is what was happening:

1. Someone comes to lamaniajewelry.com and finds a product they want to buy.
    2. They add the product to cart and start to checkout.
    3. At checkout, they notice a “Discount Code” field.
    4. They open a new tab and Google search for “lamania jewelry Discount Code.”
    5. They click around the various affiliates who claim to have a “lamania Discount Code.”
    6. When they visit the affiliates, they drop a cookie and tag the user as coming from that site.
    7. They fail to find a discount code that works and come back to lamaniajewelry. and finish their checkout.
    8. Because the affiliate tagged the user, their reporting system claims that they referred the sale.
    excellent/ this has been discussed here multiple times in the general forums an, i have to assume in the merchant only forums too.

Think of the time saved had you come here, said "hi, my name is ####. Im from #### and like $$$$. I run a program but seeing as how i read your rules i wont mention it in this post but am looking for some advice and will post a qustion shortly. look forward to meeting you all" in your first introduction post (see my point 1) instead of insulting a bunch of different groups.
    Then in your second "hi, we have this issue ...blah blah details, any ideas?"
    Warm and fuzzy strong, assistance ensues.

now, take a moment and post an intro.

Then take a few minutes abd get familiar with the search. Use it for a while. Your issue has been talked about a great many times, though I cant think of any threads specifically at the moment....but i am medicated.

then maybe ask the mods or Phil for access to rhe merchant forum

Then consider not generalizing. Just like all merchants are not all coniving leeches, neither are all coupon affiliates.

btw ,,, sorry for the spelling and grammar issues. Sleepy time now.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

mother

of

dog

the errors. so many errors. someone take this laptop away until my temp is back in the double digits!

the question is "Are there any popular fashion bloggers on shareasale ?" if you dont know the answer to this question please dont bother and take a nap

also i dont see any problem with paying $99 for your AD but usually we pay only for results - sales so if you guarantee good results I will pay 3 times more than what you are asking

uh oh... someone with 4 posts is taking a shot at a respected member of the community with 3,134 posts.

Iamanianjewelry... did you read the rules? Did you go back to "start" and decide to play by the rules? How about an introduction?

Lindy

hi Lindy, please read the post - I didnt take any shot just asked simple question

Sorry Lindy but i am here to do business and i wont read "respected members" orders and do what they want me to do and write what they want me to write

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    There are a couple of ways you can handle this situation.

1. I believe SAS has a way to split commissions, so that each affiliate involved still gets something.
    2. Create a different landing page that doesn't ask for a coupon code at checkout, so that consumers aren't incentivized to go look for one.
    3. Offer the coupon code on site, knowing that it will probably be used by all, but also knowing that it will be a strong closing tool that will make customers stay on the site rather than navigating away for a coupon code.

Know that there are many reputable coupon sites, so I suggest that you don't look at all of them the same way. But it is vital to properly manage them within your program to make the best use of the traffic and sales they generate. There are many discussions about managing coupon sites on ABW.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

11. Thanks From:

Thanks JCrooks but i think there should be some warning about this for new shareasale members.

Lindy this is my 6th post - how many posts do i need to be a "respected member" ?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Moved thread to SAS forum as that seems to be the preferred focus.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Quote Originally Posted by lamaniajewelry View Post
    the question is "Are there any popular fashion bloggers on shareasale ?" if you dont know the answer to this question please dont bother and take a nap
    One thing I do know is you finally got something right, a nap does sound lovely.
    ith paying $99 for your AD but usually we pay only for results - sales so if you guarantee good results I will pay 3 times more than what you are asking
    Not my ad and not my rates. I am a member. You want to talk that over with the admins.

BTW, way to reinforce that warm and fuzzy in the community. If you can't win with charm, win with arrogance and ignorance?

You came here. Looking for help with YOUR issue.
    YOU did not read the guidelines. YOU did not familiarize yourself with OUR community. YOU do not like being called on it, I get that. But only YOU can choose how to move forward.

I called you on your post for the reasons above. I also responded in a way that while still calling you on what you did, attempted to lighten the mood and offered some suggestions and again give you the opportunity to introduce yourself to the community.

You decided to further the pissy tone, which I am more than willing to continue ... obviously and take an arrogant and insulting approach.

I am just a guy. I have no program to run. I have no hidden agenda. What I do have is membership in this community. A community I have been a part of for over a decade. I am protective of this community because it's gone through a lot. I dislike spammers, scammers and those that try to circumvent the rules. I dislike those that come here to take and not give back. Now I am going to add a line break so you don't miss this.

Your first post came across as insulting to a popular network, insulting to an entire class of affiliate and as an attempt to recruit. Company name, contact address, comission rate = recruiting
    Let us now if there are any fashion bloggers [email removed] we pay 10% on high converting products
    I called you on it. I told you why. When you responded I gave you suggestions for a better approach.
    You responded once with keyword stuffing details ... get your name out there I guess, then with an arrogant, ignorant and down right snide post, coming across a little ass-munchery.
    (If you don't understand that word, then you still haven't read my suggested post in point 1 above)

Stop.
    Take a minute to reflect on a happy thought.
    Then step back, pretend this is your home and re-read your first post and how it comes across as a recruiting post.

This may be hard for you to believe but I am trying to help you.
    I can do pissy and grumpy all day and being stuck in bed, let's be honest. It gives me something to do. Read my profile. Grumpy is what I do.
    But I would rather see you get the help you need, gain a respect for this place and become a valued member of the community.

When I look at what your question is and what I think part of the problem is, I see two different things that tie in together.

There are an excellent & knowledgeable group of affiliates and program managers here. There are a wide selection in a wide variety of niches. I know of some in the fashion vertical who may be able to help you out.

But you are not endearing yourself to anyone with how you are posting.
    Please just consider that.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; December 28th, 2014 at 02:00 PM.

hi Lindy, please read the post - I didnt take any shot just asked simple question

Sorry Lindy but i am here to do business and i wont read "respected members" orders and do what they want me to do and write what they want me to write

Wow ... just posted and see I missed a few in the interim.
    oh wait .. theres more

Thanks JCrooks but i think there should be some warning about this for new shareasale members.

Lindy this is my 6th post - how many posts do i need to be a "respected member" ?
    Im going with about 15milli.....

Nope, promised to take the high road.

I tried LamaniaJewelry.

Best of luck

A nice introduction helps others respect you. It really does. So far you have IGNORED that.

Agreed, you are not stupid (no one said you are) but you are naive.
    You are on AutoDepsit at SAS, which is a good thing - but you are on Auto Approve which is a bad thing (in many cases) because it lets all of the crap affiliates into your program.

You are also hiding your domain behind GoDaddy's Privacy registration which means (to many serious affiliates) a lack of credibility.

Oh, Fashion Bloggers? Yes, there are. It's all a numbers game - with over a million affiliates registered at SAS there "must" be. However, the quality affiliates won't join when they see red flags. And, as Jeannine says, you need to structure your coupon policy better. I would not send you a potential customer knowing you have a coupon field and allow every crap couponer out there into your program and you do not have appropriate commission splits set up.

BTW - I'm just as cranky as popdawg.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ok - ill post one more free ad i am looking to hire one of you "respected members" to take care of my shareasale account, let me know if anyone is interested

damn im weak ... this is in my craw.

i wont read "respected members" orders
    orders?
    introduce yourself and follow forums guidelines
    o what they want me to do
    do what I want you to do?
    write what they want me to write
    write what I want you to write?

We're all here to make money. Many partnerships have started here first based on merchants interaction with the community. Just saying

btw, Jeannine was thinking of the last two points, but forgot about the first. nice post!

So...
    And... When you check that affiliate site to verify if they have a real coupon or a bogus coupon you have two choices. 1) If the coupon is valid you pay the commission, or 2) if they published a bogus coupon (committing fraud) you need to reverse the commission and throw them out of your program.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

21. Thanks From:

So. Ball is in your court. But you really should take the high road - and introduce yourself (you, not your business) to the community.

23. Thanks From:

ok - ill post one more free ad i am looking to hire one of you "respected members" to take care of my shareasale account, let me know if anyone is interested
    Speak to some of the OPMs here. Even if you don't go with them you are guaranteed to learn a lot. That was NOT a knock on your knowledge!!
    It might be enough to just have them discuss options for you and give you guidance, but you can see great results if you do decide to go with one on an ongoing basis, listen to what they have to say and learn from them.

And for the love of pete, make an introduction post!

That was an order!!!

cmon ... that was funny

25. Thanks From:

first you have to prove that i am not wasting my time here, then ill introduce myself
    my time is worth a lot more than your $99 AD

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Love a rousing game of flame-baiting.

I'd say you're wasting your time here...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Are there any popular fashion bloggers on shareasale?
    There are bloggers & webmasters from all levels on Shareasale.

When you say popular, do you mean famous? You might want to clarify
    "popular."

You might want to interact with the community here in order to create
    an higher interest in what you have to offer.

So far you just created a fight (but it is more interesting than some other threads so kudos )
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia7 i created this thread so i can see who is "there" on the other side - and now we have a clear picture - nothing interesting for us, but at least some people (like you) are having fun reading this thread

btw by popular i mean effective

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast