Choosing an affiliate product for the fitness niche
    Yo yo!

So I'm just about to launch a website that focuses on the niche of natural aesthetic bodybuilding called, http://naturalaestheticbodybuilding.com NAB (not officially launched yet)

I first started a FB fan page with the sole purpose of selling affiliate products.

I even learned a bit about Facebook ads from this course called DNA Wealth Blueprint which got me all excited about selling affiliate products.

After failing at figuring out how to sell products without having a website, I've decided to just do it the right way and start naturalaestheticbodybuilding.com

My hope it to sell affiliate products to those looking to add muscle and "get ripped"

I did a bit of searching through Offervault and Clickbank and I've found only a few things that might be relevant to my audience.

As a newb, can you guys give me any suggestions on how I should go about choosing my affiliate product to sell?

I also know that its important to provide value to my audience, so I'm really trying to come up with ways of turning my website it to a serious source of great information, but my hope is to make some income selling products and eventually creating my own products.

I'd love to get some advice on how I can get this ball rolling.

Sorry if this seems a bit general, so any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Edwin Merino
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; January 6th, 2015 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Unlinked

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Edwin, how about looking to sell actual physical products (workout gear, trusted supplements, apparel) instead of just looking to the info products? Check some of the networks you see in here like ShareASale, AvantLink and Affiliate Window to see what's there.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Why do you think physical products would be better?

I like the idea. Especially since my dream is to create my own line of products. But I'm curious as to why you think physical products would be better than info products.

Thanks for the reply AffiliateWarrior!

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Physical products are tangible. People have something they can hold in their hand and enjoy, rather than just read. If they don't like it, they can return it.

You also have the advantage of a brand-name. There aren't too many brand-name digital downloads, but there are plenty in the physical products space, like 2XU.com, MyProtein.com, and Fanatics.com. People can easily see what they're buying; they know the company's name and reputation.

Physical fitness is about activity, not reading. Unless the book is by you, why should I buy it through you? Wouldn't I buy it directly on that expert's site?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Well said JCrooks

I'm not sure if any of you know the answer to this, but I was thinking of selling supplements that I use and enjoy.

They can be purchased through many online supplement stores. I have a affiliate links for one such website that offers 10% commission when someone buys a product through my link.

I also have Amazon affiliate links which I get paid somewhere around 6%, but I of course have the opportunity to make a bit more if the person buys other things from Amazon.

Another option was to contact the manufacture of the supplements directly and see if they have any affiliate programs with them directly.

In your guys opinion, which would be the best route to take?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread