Post Just Across the Ditch
    Hey People

Ian is my name and I am just across the ditch form you in NZ. Been in affiliate marketing for a number of years and done most things all by myself.

At one stage I tried to find NZ merchants but there is not many and the ones I attempted to work with were not very responsive so I gave this idea up.

Since this time I have been marketing global merchants (one really) with some success.

Also tried desperately to find others doing affiliate marketing in Auckland, NZ with no success.

Did join a marketing group and found some in their who boasted about how successful they were but would not really help newbies to the arena so I continued to walk alone.

Currently only use two merchant affiliate managements sites, SAS and Commission Factory. CF are based in Australia so thats great for my Aussie mates and me in NZ.

Been around the forum for sometime using it as a knowledge base and to provoke thoughts as well as other areas.

I keep an eye on these forums a lot more now as I have a bit more time on my hands and I like to generate some serious income somewhere and somehow.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hi Ian, and welcome to ABW! I've only visited New Zealand once, but absolutely loved it. You live in such a beautiful place! Still have the sheepskin we brought back, though our dog tried to claim it when she was a puppy - she loved how soft and warm it was.

There are many merchants willing to ship to NZ if that's what you're looking for. Several of us on ABW can help you find more for sure.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hello Ian, have you considered talking to merchants in NZ and pitching them on you launching and managing an affiliate program for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Hello Ian, have you considered talking to merchants in NZ and pitching them on you launching and managing an affiliate program for them?
    Hey Chuck

Now that is something I have never thought about. Thank you for raising it up into my sight.

I not sure what an affiliate manager does and how they get remunerated but I am sure I can find out from the team here.

Once again thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Hi Ian, and welcome to ABW! I've only visited New Zealand once, but absolutely loved it. You live in such a beautiful place! Still have the sheepskin we brought back, though our dog tried to claim it when she was a puppy - she loved how soft and warm it was.

There are many merchants willing to ship to NZ if that's what you're looking for. Several of us on ABW can help you find more for sure.

Thank you for your kind welcome and offers.

Not looking for any merchants to ship into NZ, its out of NZ is what many appear to be looking for, including me.

Chuck has given a great idea below about me becoming an affiliate manager myself and doing all the managing of their program for them.

It never occurred to me, even when I was talking to a merchant who happens to sell sheepskin footwear and he clearly said he had more important things to do than manage affiliates even though he had 600 in his current program. He added oh I only get a few sales from them and I am too busy offline in my business to do anything else with them.

Again thank you for great welcome.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread