ABW Ambassador
    I get the feeling something just isn't right with HomeVisions...
    Too often, their product links are timing out or just hang there for me when I test them , and I'm on a cable connection here.

Needless to say, on good days sales keep coming in throughout the day from HomeVisions, and other days NOTHING but clicks.

This can't just be attributed to "people browsing and not buying" due to war, or whatever . I don't see HOW it's possible that different targetted shoppers from all parts of the country decide to buy on the same days , and ALL of them choose to "just browse" on other days !

Please ... someone from CJ tell me that there is something wrong with Homevisions tracking , product pages loading, or something else that would explain the "all or nothing" consistant pattern of sales from this merchant and it's going to be FIXED soon .

I'm at the point now that a part of me wants to remove their links ... but yet I don't really want to do that ... It's frustrating !

where do you get the timeout exactly?

ABW Ambassador
    I have been wondering about homevisions myself, I used to get quite a few sales. but none recently.
    I added the barbie bedding to my site, knowing that it would sell! but have i had anything? not a sausage!I had 62 clicks yesterday, all on product links, and nothing! a bit wierd,
    so far today i have had 139 impressions and 5 clicks,
    These are targetted product links,

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder ,
    quote:
    where do you get the timeout exactly?

I really do not know technically how to describe "where" exactly it times out , but it seems to record the click , and get stuck somewhere after the click .

I've noticed, and this I'm certain of ... that on days with the LEAST amount of sales , or none at all , the daily click through numbers are the highest.

Almost as if visitors are trying to get through the product links TO BUY , but the visitor is left waiting for the page to load, and out of frustration , they start clicking on other affiliate links to see if anything works , before they finally leave my site because they can't seem to go where they want .

I’m glad I’m not the only one with this problem. I posted this in the CJ Down thread, but as the merchant was Home Visions I’ll summarize what happened here. Monday I get an email from someone trying to buy something from a HV link. I check the link and get a “Page not Found error” or my browser would just stair back at me and do nothing. I check other HV links and they work OK. I use the advance options to make a link to the correct page and email it to the person. She emails me back thanking me for the link. No sale credited. I don’t know if she bought, didn’t buy, the link worked for her or not. I did test the link and it worked for me. Checking clicks the next day I had an unusually high number of clicks to Product Category 1, so I’m guessing that all the times I tried to click through and got nothing were still tracked. Checked the link again yesterday and it works fine now.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

I've noticed the same thing. I only send traffic to them through targeted product links and sometimes I'll go for days, sending thousands ov visitors with no sales.

My stats for last year with them are: 317,066 clicks, 254 total sales and an EPC of $2.32

Although this has overall been a profitable partnership, it does seem like there could or should be more sales and that there does seem to be something not quite right with the product links at times.

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

I too have noticed all of the above, pages not loading and coversions have dropped.

Tami

ABW Ambassador
    I took HomeVisions down the other day when access to their site through CJ was very slow.

quote:
    NOTHING but clicks

A CJ click is reported even if the HomeVisions site isn't actually accessed. Marvelous huh?

Later while trying to access the site directly, I got right though.

This is up there with my recent discovery of Rochester Big & Tall folks having their site show that it is not available...please call the 800 number. How convenient.

ABW Ambassador
    No sales for me lately..

At least anyone getting sales from them ?

Fer

I am running them thru Performics and have no problems with the reporting. Click to sales ratio is good.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Last sale came in on the 17th. Occasionally I'll go a day without sales from them (according to this month's stats), but 2 days running has my eyebrow up. And it's almost 3 days, since the 17th's sale came in way early in the morning.

Definitely one I'll be keeping my eye on although 2-3 days isn't enough time for me to start ripping links yet.

This is through CJ.

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

ABW Ambassador
    Connie,
    Does HomeVisions at Performics have a "build your own links" option ?

If they do , I'm moving to performics for them - as a test first , with carefully chosen links , then maybe for good .
    Besides the tracking , it would be awesome to get some product performance details from them. I've just about had it with that "product catalog1" BS .

I too have seen a huge decrease in HomeVision sales over the past month or 2. It is weird.

ABW Ambassador
    When HomeVisions gets their server fixed...or whatever the problem is, someone let me know.

Otherwise, their links stay down.

ABW Ambassador
    i have just joined under performics, will let you know if i get a sale!

No make your own links, but they do have lots of links to put up. They have all the departments covered well, just no product links.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thank's for the info Connie.

Does anyone know if the CJ tracking for homevisions is
    working? I have days with sales here and there and then spurts of blank days despite very targeted hits. And since there were questions about this before I thought I'd reopen this again...

ABW Ambassador
    reflections ,
    I was just about to bring this topic back up, because as if A SWITCH GOT TURNED ON, Homevisions seems to be tracking again , and decent sales have been showing up for the past two days for them .

Coincidentally, everything else at CJ seems to be moving along as usual , after a really dry spell for the past week .

Keeping my fingers crossed that things STAY this way for a while . Homevisions may be having some server problems from time to time, but the fact that EVERYTHING came back "ON" ,
    has me wondering if the week -long lack of sales and leads can really be attributed to the war coverage on TV , and not problems on CJ's end .

One will never know .

Hi Lisa,

I just joined them a month ago so I don't know their pattern (homevisions).

But is today at CJ normal for you??? I have 2 things that say accepted but aren't in red.. and they both say 0.00...
    Then I have 2 ebay .05 leads.. I usually have other sales by now... Maybe I'll call them..

Homevisions seems good but I also wonder if people need to measure and look at things in person- it seems hard to buy things like this via the net...

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, today is a normal today , but traffic is still a bit lower than usual.

quote:
    Homevisions seems good but I also wonder if people need to measure and look at things in person- it seems hard to buy things like this via the net...

Actually, if the product descriptions are detailed and the product images available are clear and up-close enough, (height, width, etc. specified), which they usually are with HomeVisions descriptions, doesn't that make it EASIER to buy from home ?

Where else can you shop other than online , and be at the cash register , and measuring something to see if it will fit inside your home at the same time ?

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread