Affiliatly - Anyone hear of them
    I am looking to set up an affiliate program for a client and they don't want CJ, Linkshare, Shareasale...

The CTO just sent me a link to Affiliatly and told me it looks good. I can't find out much on them. A search here does not even bring up their name.

Definitely a new service from Bulgaria. I am trying to determine if they offer a self-hosted or a 3rd party solution.

Thoughts? I definitely need 3rd party tracking for the things they will be doing.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I'm unfamiliar with them. Did he say why he wants to work for someone so unknown? Is it a cost issue? Does that network have a special vertical they focus on which is appropriate to your client? Do they only want a tracking solution? (If so, there are many other options bassed in the US). Are they specific about working with a non-US company?

If they insist on working iwth someone like this, I would suggest a caveat that you can't guarantee results.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Evidently, the CTO doesn't have much of a clue. Affiliatly has a <sarcasm> huge </sarcasm> presence on Facebook. As of this evening they have all of five (5) likes. Brand new - domain was registered just under six months ago. I wouldn't expect much in the way of gaining traction among any worthwhile affiliates. Might be good - might not. YMMV
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

4. Thanks From:

Mainly, they are cheap and easy to set up. They do have 3rd party tracking which is mostly what I need. However your concern of Affiliate trust of them is noted and also my concern.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Cheap is the optimum word here. If he's that cheap, I wouldn't recommend doing an affiliate program, as he will fight everything.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

He says it's all about the network and SAS caters to the link bait and ad site crowd.

I am trying to see if Affiliatly even has a network set up yet.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread