Amazon Underperforming
    Hey guys. I started my Amazon niche site back in June '14 and saw pretty good growth. Things have gone downhill this month and I don't know why because my site is gaining more traffic.

December '14:
    Profit: $412
    Amazon clicks: 1104
    Conversion: 8.52%

January '15 (so far)
    Profit: $73
    Amazon Clicks: 848
    Conversion: 2.95%

I understand that December can maybe be inflated because of people buying gifts. But my site sells items that aren't really 'gift' items and are non-seasonal. I'm using a mix of EasyAzon links and the standard Amazon given affiliate links (for tables). Does anyone have any clues as to potential problems?

Tables? If you are selling tables - even though they may not be thought of as "gift" items - they are 4th-quarter shopper items for people wanting to make their homes look better for the holidays. I'm not surprised that your conversion % is much higher for December.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Tables? If you are selling tables - even though they may not be thought of as "gift" items - they are 4th-quarter shopper items for people wanting to make their homes look better for the holidays. I'm not surprised that your conversion % is much higher for December.
    LOL Sorry Bill - I don't mean I'm selling tables. I meant that some product links are located in html tables on the webpage (rows and columns) where I cannot use the EasyAzon links. I appreciate the feedback though.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread