...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    eBay to lay off 2,400, could split into three parts
    Biz Break: eBay to lay off 2,400, could split into three parts - San Jose Mercury News

The e-commerce giant will also split off its eBay Enterprise business, which manages online sales efforts for other businesses.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

2. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Starting to have that feeling again - that 'GAN' feeling.

What is eBay doing with an affiliate network? Nothing has changed. The platform is the same and their accounting system rivals only that of of LinkShare.

Ooooh no lol hope this doesn't mean that. Not working with a whole lot of merchants there but still wouldn't like the idea of links having to be changed again. The whole GAN experience was not nice at all

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    At Summit I heard some good comments about eBays network, sounds like they are going through the churn again.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    At Summit I heard some good comments about eBays network, sounds like they are going through the churn again.
    Funny, all I heard was just the opposite. I was going to talk to them, but with what I was hearing, I stayed away. Had I known about this info I would have tried to find out more.

I had also RSVP'd to a cocktail party they were having and had intended to go, but I was having a great time at the Affiliate Summit Bloggers' Meetup (new event) and decided to pass and stay there.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

From eBay Enterprise:
    Dear Valued Publisher,

This week, eBay Inc. announced its plan to explore strategic alternatives for eBay Enterprise, including a full or partial sale, or an IPO. We believe this is the right decision, as it will ensure we will be best able to serve your needs and thrive well into the future.

Rest assured, during the transition, we intend to minimize impact to your relationship with eBay Enterprise. You can continue to count on everything you expect from eBay Enterprise today.

Thank you for being a valued client. As we begin this next chapter of the eBay Enterprise story, you have our commitment to make sure your success remains at the heart of everything we do.

We are excited by the opportunity ahead and look forward to our continued partnership.

If you have any questions, please contact me or your EEAN Account Manager.

Best regards,

Michael Jones, Head of Affiliate
    michaejones@ebay.com
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Hmmm. Didn't know Michael stayed after all the owner changes. Interesting...

Yup - I got that email this evening, too. I'm (very) glad the last merchant there that I really cared about moved to CJ (where I am, once again, seeing come nice conversions).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Kris left, Michael stayed.

The really fun email is the one they sent to merchants after CJ decided to stir up a little crap by emailing their clients because of the uncertainty. Michael called out CJ and their tactics by name, which I didn't think that was all that wise.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread