Hello!
    Hi there

I just joined this forum as I am fairly new to Affiliate Marketing, and wanted to ask advice on best practice of adding affiliate tracking to your e-commerce website.

Is it best practice to hide your contact number on your website for all affiliate referrals? Or would you hide part of the number and track it to? I dont want to compromise on a customers experience when they come to our website, and feel that hiding a contact number would do that.

Thanks

Sophia

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hello Sophiak. Not the normal first post - we'd like to get to know you better before we starting talking business, but I'll offer my take on your question.

Affiliates prefer that phone numbers be hidden from the landing page, because this can also provide a way for consumers to call instead of purchasing online, which would prevent a commission from being tracked. While it is understood that a phone number may exist on the "contact us" page, having it scream from the header of the landing page, or worse, each page, is an unpopular form of potential leakage.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

3. Thanks From:

Hi Jeannine

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

I understand why an affiliate would prefer to have the numbers hidden. I am just concerned about giving potential new customers a bad user experience. But I think i am going to look at call tracking and possibly hiding part of the number. Which would hopefully work for both parties.

Cheers

Sophia

ShareASale provides an option for merchants to track calls with an affiliate number. If your program is there, just contact them and ask for help with this.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I would find a paratially hidden number pretty frustrating. Call tracking is a possibility, but most affiliates I know would just move on to promote your competitor if that's what you chose.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread