Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question What Are the Disadvantage of buying Facebook Page Likes?
    People Buy Page Likes to generate traffic but do it really works?

Likes mean nothing. Engagement is everything.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

How could one sleep with their self at night that their paying for "lies"?

If visitors like your content they will like it.

I concur that likes mean nothing. Well in terms of search. The self gratification that a page one posted reaching hundreds and even millions of authentic likes means a lot! Even more when those liked pages convert to conversions.

I'll give a more pragmatic view

1) Purchased "likes" mean little because Facebook is busy monetizing their clickstream and you won't reach your likes without paying for the privilege.

2) Purchased "likes" mean little because Google recognizes/discounts fake "likes" in terms of your SEO and position. Maybe 1/3 of paid likes actually "register" with Google for SEO impact. That's just math: take your cost-per-like, multiply by 3-4 and decide if that's still worth it.

3) Purchased "likes" are fine in terms of ego/presentation. There is a value in having X number of "likes" generally, and certainly vis-a-vis your competition (who is probably paying for likes too). So to the extent that having X% more (or less) likes than your competitors is deemed of value, pay (or not) to achieve the desired level...

At the end of the day, true value certainly does equate to engagement as Hectic GHC notes. And the regrettable truth is that you won't get much FB engagement these days without paying for it, IMHO... FB being apparently capitalist and determined to monetize their audience/clickstream.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khim View Post
    What Are the Disadvantage of buying Facebook Page Likes?
    Wasting your money.

Quote Originally Posted by khim View Post
    People Buy Page Likes to generate traffic but do it really works?
    No.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Buying likes is never a good option. They're fake and Facebook hates them.

Thank you guys

I don't think there is any disadvantage of paid likes, I just feel like its worthless(no advantage-no disadvantage) & is nothing more then a number. Being a number it can surely make your page look huge but in real what matter is active interaction.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Buying likes is pretty much a waste of time at this point, and it's never been a great thing if done on it's own. If you buy likes, and there is no engagement on your page (active two way conversation) you are just spending money. Now that FB really is looking for paid advertising and charging you to "boost" visibility, it's even less valuable if the audience isn't engaged with your discussion and content.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

10. Thanks From:

If you're talking about paid likes, as in some company that will get you 25,000 likes for $25, that's completely worthless. Maybe even worse than worthless, because none of those "likes" will engage at all, so your engagement percentage will be extremely low, which will result in your posts not being shown to anyone.

If you're talking about advertising to attract likes from well targeted demographics, I think there could be some marginal value, but it's pretty minimal.

As others have said, engagement is key. (Good) likes are a RESULT of engagement, not a source of it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

12. Thanks From:

Facebook has been very frustrating at times because (I believe) they intentionally don't show your business page posts to your audience unless you promote them (and pay money for it). Unless you share the right post at the right time, most business page posts go unseen in a user's feed. So in my opinion, paying for likes is a huge waste of time and money. It doesn't matter if you have 100 likes or 1000. The REACH and engagement relative to the number of likes you have is what I like to focus on. -joe

Wonderful Information. Thanks to all Good People

I've tired boosting Facebook posts with advertising to gain likes and while the post get a lot of exposure I've only had a few new page likes out of them. A friend of mine has had more success with paying to boost their Facebook likes which I think it's possibly due to the visual nature of their wedding sign writing business vs my guitar playing tips website.

No not at all..I run my business and my life with integrity. Not only do I avoid anything unethical, I avoid anything that even LOOKS unethical.

I was curious about advertising with FB for likes and set up two new pages with parallel content (unrelated to my business, these were "community" pages) and did my own A:B testing -- one I advertised with FB to obtain "likes" on the page, the other I did not advertise with FB but I shared the page in several large groups related to the topic/business. What I found (over a 2 month period of adding similar content to both pages) was that the page that got the initial FB ad to generate likes did pull ahead in sheer number of likes and page engagements (people commenting on posts and sharing posts). So--it was worthwhile to advertise with FB with the goal of likes. Raw buying of likes -- that make no sense whatsoever to me though. I have done a similar A:B testing with twitter accounts and found that on twitter it was extremely important to engage with industry leaders (reply to their tweets) and engage with other followers of those leaders. I hope that information is somewhat helpful to someone out there

18. Thanks From:

Buying likes is never a good option because when we buy that time in less time we get bulk like, but those like may be fake, if you want to show people your Facebook brand page like then it's OK, but those are not useful for page, better you can go with your audience with good offers and good price on products and services then people will like your page at that time you no need to buy likes. Its depend you and your marketing strategy

Shopping for likes is rarely a great choice. They're faux and Fb hates them.

Fake likes can help you become the President.

22. Thanks From:

If visitors visit your post on FB and like your post or page means you got natural like. If you asked for like, there is no meaning of such likes. So never ask for like.

I totally agree with you. I also found someone is doing fake likes on facebook. Although it seems the number of fans or likes increase dramatically, but it doesn't mean anything for the company.

If you have only short term goal then buying like might help. However, if your goal is for long term. Buying like in Facebook will get your business worse.

The big problem with many of these automated marketing services such as Facebook likes, backlinks services etc is that with time, these strategies always backfire and you will end up having your website blacklisted for spam by search engines and review sites.

The main problem which you will face in future is,
    - You are not generating content for real people.
    - You will not be able to learn anything new and you will not be able to interact with genuine users.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectic GHC View Post
    Likes mean nothing. Engagement is everything.
    Cudn'y agree anymore....you can buy as many FB likes as you want but if they are not engaging then what's the use?

Just last week there was this tool launched that removes these fake fans.

Purchasing Facebook likes can occur in two different ways. First, a business can hire a company that helps generate the large interest, or a business can pay certain individuals directly in order for them to like their page.

Both concepts are unethical, as paying for Facebook likes is not a trusted business practice. But there are companies out there who would rather fill their following with fake fans than earn the real ones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast